Operations Maintenance Manager (BBBH14531) Stansted, England
An opportunity has arisen with my client for an Operations Maintenance Manager on a permanent basis. The Operations Maintenance Manager is responsible for managing a group of line stations / business units to ensure our client can deliver operational excellence and the best service for their airline customers. The post holder is accountable for the overall operational and commercial performance of his/her responsible area, developing operation model and implementing short / long term strategies to drive efficiencies and productivities.
Role: Operations Maintenance Manager
Salary: Upon Application
Location: Office based/ Time at HQ Required as well as visits to various line stations.
Hours: Monday to Thursday – 08:30-17:00 Fridays – 08:30-14:30
- Setting direction in line with the Company’s vision and strategy, leading and developing the Station Managers and the operational teams
- Accountable for the operational and commercial performance of the line stations / business units assigned
- Managing costs and budget, responsible for developing business case to support operational needs and business requirements
- Driving continuous process improvement using technologies, data analytics and lean methodology
- Engaging with the teams to ensure the departmental vision and priorities are clearly communicated
- Managing day of operation through a team of station managers to deliver operational excellence
- Performing Station Manager role for his/her home port or partner ports and accountable for operational and commercial performance (as assigned by the Director of Maintenance)
- Developing station capability to support airline customer’s current and future business need in an efficient and cost-effective approach
- Ensuring efficient recovery of operational disruptions and AOGs in order to minimise the loss of aircraft availability for airline customers
- Managing and optimising manpower resources deployment, driving best practices on operational rosters and relief support across the network
- Developing and implementing succession plans to ensure sufficient and quality talents with the knowledge, skillset and competencies necessary to fulfil the business needs
- Being the point of contact, building and maintaining relationships with airline customers
- Overseeing the interview process, employment, management of the operational teams to ensure appropriate staffing levels and qualifications to accomplish maintenance work as required
- Maintaining daily adherence to agreed KPIs on compliance and performance
- Carrying out and/or overseeing the ongoing competence of the station managers and other team members as required
- Building a strong safety culture, encouraging proactive report of safety occurrence, performing investigation and implementing mitigation to prevent re-occurrence
- Responsible for corrective action resulting from Quality Audits performed within their area of responsibility
- Responsible for the disciplinary process management
- Ensuring OH&S and FRMS compliance within the Maintenance team.
- Engineering degree or Aircraft Maintenance Licence (UKCAA / EASA or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years of experience in line maintenance (with minimum 2 years in management role)
- Experience of managing a remote team and delivering high performance
- Experience of leading changes, and delivering productivity and operational improvement
- Ability to build strong and effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong commercial and business acumen
- Excellent knowledge of Aviation standards in an airline maintenance environment (UKCAA / EASA); and
- Excellent knowledge of the application of Safety Management Systems; and
- High standard of English language (written and oral); and
- High standard of computer literacy, especially Microsoft Office Suite
- The role is based in an office environment at an agreed location with some time spent at HQ as required.
- The normal working day is between 08:30 and 17:00 on Monday to Thursday and between 08:30 and 14:30 on Friday. 30 minutes is provided for lunch however this role will also require extensive travel to ensure the station performance and standards are maintained so flexibility on both sides is required.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Melanie Cave at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”