Test Equipment Design Engineer (BBBH13316) Stevenage, England
|Salary:||GBP37.9 - GBP50 per hour|
An opportunity has arisen with my client for a Test Equipment Design Engineer to join them on a 6-month contract. Our client is looking for a Test Equipment Design Engineer with drive and enthusiasm to join their team, developing and designing Test Equipment solutions for the next generation of weapons, your role will consist of providing support in the day to day running of Test Equipment product support activities.
Role: Test Equipment Design Engineer
Pay: £50 Per Hour Via Umbrella Company
Contract: 6 Months Likely to be extended
Hours: Monday – Friday, 37 hours per week
Security Clearance: Security clearance required on submission.
- To provide support in the day to day running of Test Equipment product support activities.
- It will require complete management of the technical change through the engineering change process.
- To solve potentially complex technical problems from cradle to grave through the use of structured problem solving techniques.
- Wide ranging technical background with exposure from system level down to component level within numerous technical disciplines; including EMC, RF, Digital & Analogue, Video and Power supplies.
- Taking an active role in maintaining and modifying relevant engineering processes and procedures. Also working closely with managers to develop team improvements.
- Working across multiple projects and developing solutions for products at differing stages of maturity including prototyping, production and end-user equipment.
- Excellent communication skills are required to create and maintain working relationships with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Excellent understanding of: Digital and Analogue Electronics (new and old) – Wiring diagrams and schedules - Microsoft products.
- Good understanding of: Instrument communication systems (GPIB /Lan / BCD) - Power control, power switching and supply regulation from DC to 3 phase - Interlock and safety related circuits on mechanical and electrical machines and safe working with low to medium power RF signals.
- Basic Understanding of: RF measurement techniques and equipment - Boundary scan (JTAG) test, diagnostics and programming - Firmware coding.
- Related competence in one or more of the following: The use of CAE Design tools - Negotiation of subsystem requirements with the systems teams - Writing Subsystem Requirement and associated documents - Ability to provide succinct and accurate reports and presentations.
- Experienced Engineer in the design, integration and validation of test solutions for electronic/electromechanical equipment and systems.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Melanie Cave at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!