Spectrum Brands utilizes a Shared Services model that enables resources to be leveraged across the organization. The Shared Services team is made up of information technology, human resources, indirect sourcing, finance & accounting professionals that support all business units. Shared services teams are headquartered in Middleton, Wisconsin but have members across the country.
Analyze risk to determine appropriate level of exposure for existing and potential customers. Increase cash flow and minimize bad debt by collecting on past due invoices and resolve deduction issues. Lends guidance and support over day to day business related matters. The central point of contact for AR related matters with internal and external customers in the Lake Forest facility.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Model the Spectrum Brands Eight Core Capabilities to achieve service excellence, meet and exceed organizational objectives and support fiscal responsibility
- Oversee final notice and recommends referral to collection agency for all HHI AR delinquent accounts
- Reviews and approves AR adjustments up to $5,000. Reviews and recommends action for charges in excess of $5,000
- Evaluate and resolve orders on credit review and report to internal customers daily
- Recommend credit lines, payment terms and risk categories per assigned portfolio
- Work directly with customers via phone/email and other correspondence to resolve unpaid invoices, customer deductions and other payment discrepancies
- Prepare monthly reporting per assigned portfolio
- Supports team needs and assists with coordinating escalation for high risk and account delinquencies
- Is the FSS AR subject matter export on site at Lake Forest facility
- Keep’s local FSS team informed about business priorities and updates
- Coordinates activities / projects with broader team based on direction from leadership team. Schedules and facilitates department meetings as directed
- Attends cross functional meetings representing FSS AR leadership as needed
- Coordinates team activities to align with leadership’s goals and objectives
- Ensures key business requirements are met consistently and coordinates necessary backup support as needed Reports gaps to leadership team
- Work with customers to resolve past due invoices and prepare documentation on delinquent accounts for collection agency submission
- Confer with representatives of credit associations and other businesses to exchange information regarding credit experience
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external customers
- Other duties as assigned
- Ensure goals are met on: AR balance vs. plan, invoice and deduction aging for assigned portfolio
Education and Experience Profile
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance and;
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in commercial credit / collections or a related field
- In lieu of degree requirements, a minimum of 10 years of relevant business experience required
- Ability to review and analyze financial statements
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Accomplished user of Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
- SAP system experience strongly desired
- Team leadership and collaboration
- AR subject matter expert
Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.