Director of Excellence (539) Sacramento, California
The Director of Excellence will function as key strategic support to Volt’s field operations with a focus on owning the Volt Standards, driving business vision and alignment of operations, delivery capabilities and financial results designed to meet the individual market needs.
This position will be responsible for overseeing the implementation and execution of activities related to quality, compliance, process efficiency and improvement and client satisfaction.
- Consults, develops and implements business processes to increase productivity, reduce cost, improve quality and drive enhanced client satisfaction
- Drives execution and strategy in the areas of service for clients, order fulfillment, and associate recruiting and retention to ensure that client needs are met effectively and lead to good customer satisfaction.
- Collaborates with Corporate Operations to design solutions to field challenges to ensure the optimum design and performance of operations processes
- Develops and implements strategies to address areas of opportunity to drive revenue, increase efficiency, and maximize financial results
- Directs the implementation of training strategies and initiatives that are related to service delivery, continuous improvement, process management and new applications and technologies.
- Provides training to field employees in conjunction with corporate wide initiatives.
- Advises on service strategies and capability to deliver for regional RFPs.
- Ensures client satisfaction by overseeing client problem resolution. Oversees the implementation processes for new on-site client programs. Participates in client QBRs as appropriate.
- Analyzes operations data and provides strategies with field management. Solves complex business issues.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required. Performs other duties as assigned.
The following KPIs will directly apply to this position:
SG&A/Gross Margin (%)
- Execution on the Volt Strategy
- Client Acquisition, Retention and Expansion
- Focusing on the Bottom Line – Attacks everything with drive and energy with an eye on the bottom line
- Getting Organized – Is well organized, resourceful, and plans well; effective and efficient at marshaling multiple resources to get things done; foresees and plans around obstacles
- Getting Work Done Through Others – Leads and manages people well; gets the most and best out of the people he/she has; sets and communicates guiding goals; measures accomplishments, holds people accountable, and gives useful feedback; delegates and develops
- Inspiring Others – Is skilled at getting individuals, teams, and an entire organization to perform at a higher level and to embrace change; negotiates skillfully to achieve a fair outcome or promote a common cause
- Negotiation – Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships
Qualifications & Required Skills
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required
- Minimum of 5+ years diagnosing and building strategies towards operational excellence
- Desire and willingness to travel as needed
- Works under limited direction
- Strong operations management discipline in a continuous improvement environment. Ability to solve complex problems, apply sound judgment and decision-making skills
- Strong financial and business acumen. Demonstrated ability to define organizational and/or functional strategy, establish success measures and drive successful execution to achieve desired results
- Ability to adapt in a changing work environment and achieve results through others; successful demonstration of the ability to organize, prioritize and guide the work of others
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written; ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels of the organization and tailor messages according to the audience; demonstrated ability to facilitate large team meetings and deliver formal presentations, influencing others and secure buy-in
- Highly energetic and results-driven, with a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence
- Builds trust by demonstrating high ethical standards and personal integrity
- Ability to multi task to meet frequent deadlines
- Assimilate well into a team environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information