Health and Safety Advisor (H&SAd - NE) Durham, England
|Salary:||GBP30000 - GBP35000 per annum|
Our client who is a regional heavy plant and civil engineering contractor has a really exciting opportunity for an experienced Health and Safety Advisor to join their team. This is a regional role to be based at their Head office in Durham. Ideal candidate will be a Graduate member of IOSH although Tech IOSH working towards Grad will be considered. Must have experience in auditing heavy plant and civil engineering projects. you will be responsible for contributing to the delivery of high quality and effective Health & Safety advice to a consistent standard. As a H&S Advisor you should have the ability to produce CPP's and site specific RAMS. Knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 will also be required as part of the role will involve maintenance and improvement of the current integrated management system and the associated external accreditation audits. Applicants must be prepared to travel and spend nights out.
Key Duties include
- Health, Safety Environmental and Quality Site Inspections/ Audits
- Accident and Incident Investigations
- Liaising with regulatory bodies to ensure the company is compliant with statutory legislation and codes of practice.
- Assisting with the maintenance of Awards including ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001, Achilles and bid preparation
- Assist/ Review Safe Systems of Work, Construction Phase Plans, Environment and Quality Management Plans
- Promotion of continuous improvement in Environmental Management and Quality
- Promotion of Health and Safety culture
- Conducting HSEQ Training and Toolbox talks.
- Undertaking internal audits & surveillance and produce reports based on findings
- Attending Safety Committee meetings.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Strong Customer Service Skills
- Site based experienced in earthworks and civil engineering
- Trained in Quality Management and Environmental Management
- Graduate member of IOSH or working towards Grad.
- NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent is desirable
- CSCS, Confined Spaces and EUSR Blue Water Card is preferable
- It is essential that you are organised and methodical with an ability to react promptly to changing business demands
- Ability to prioritise own work load and manage expectations
- Great attention to detail
- Be skilled in the following MS programmes; Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Previous experience of maintaining databases
- You will be a team player with the ability to act on your own initiative
Salary guidance of £30 - 35k but negotiable depending on experience
21 days holiday, plus 8 statutory bank holidays
5% Employers Pension contribution
If Interested please send an up to date CV to Leonne Johnson at DCS Group to be considered for this role.