Senior Network Engineer (357265) Delray Beach, Florida
|Salary:||USD95 - USD95 per year|
Responsibilities and Duties
- Design, deliver, document and communicate Network architecture for Cloud or on-premise environments with a focus on standard design topology, growth, performance and scalability
- Define, apply, and drive the use of innovative design patterns, best practices, and standards
- Partner across various IT and business teams to provide insight and technology recommendations that result in enterprise solutions that solve critical business problems
- Identify architectural risks and plans to mitigate.
- Ensure strategies, standards, and reference architectures are consistent and integrated across enterprise.
- Maintain network technology road maps to ensure supportability and awareness on future technology decisions.
- Work closely with other information technology service areas (application development, systems engineering,
- Information security and desktop support) to deploy innovative solutions based on end user requirements
- Ensure fault tolerate design of all data center components as well as other critical components.
- Establish and document network monitoring tools, technologies and processes
- Continually develop team skill set and troubleshooting abilities
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Skill & Experience Requirements
- Extensive WAN/LAN TCP/IP routing experience, 8+ years
- Extensive experience with Cisco Routers, Switches and Wireless Access Controllers
- Protocols: TCP/IP, MPLS, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, QOS
- Good understanding of Firewalls, Load Balancers, VPN, Network Monitoring/Performance platforms
- VMWare Networking concepts and practices
- Designing, maintaining and testing disaster recovery sites
- Network Security principals, best practices and fault tolerances
- Cisco Voice/Unified communications, Key understanding of Voice/SIP
- Knowledge and/or experience of Cloud Computing Engineering, concepts, service models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), deployment models, practical implementations and future trends
- Knowledge of Virtual Machines (VMWare, KVM or other hypervisor software)
- Strong experience in Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, SolarWinds platforms
- Strong experience with SDWAN Optimization & Performance
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or higher certification
- Strong experience with converged infrastructure that incorporates network, storage systems and virtualization technologies
- Experience with Hybrid Voice/Telco technologies
- Advanced WAN/LAN network troubleshooting skills including packet and performance analysis
- Excellent attention to detail, strategic, forward-thinking technology leader