Lead PCA Process Engineer
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Lead PCA Process Engineer
Exciting new Permanent opportunity for a Lead PCA Process Engineer based in Edinburgh.
Following a recent expansion, our global engineering and manufacturing client is currently looking to expand their team in Edinburgh with an experienced Lead PCA Process Engineer Specialising in the manufacturing and supply chain functions.
The successful candidate will provide technical support/procurement engineering in the supply chain, with a particular focus on Printed Circuit Assemblies. We have multiple new products entering the supply chain which require a greater degree of support; understanding problems encountered, manufacturing easements, obsolescence issues, supplier process capability, product and process road maps and feedback of information into new product development.
The Lead Process Engineer will be responsible for the design and deployment of PCA manufacturing processes, with a particular focus on the supply chain. Further to this they will be responsible for the practical application of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma techniques, provide technical support to the manufacturing group for problem solving and operate as an authority on PCA manufacture.
As a Lead PCA Process Engineer you will be able to:
• Work with our supply chain partners to design, implement and maintain manufacturing processes to ensure successful production of products, employing appropriate Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma techniques.
• Ensure manufacturing process design applies best practice by following the clients
• Provide DfM support to Engineering, New Product Introduction and Procurement teams to ensure products are appropriately designed for manufacturing and test, robustly representing manufacturing at design reviews.
• Support Continuous Improvement, challenging current manufacturing process performance to identify opportunities to reduce cost and timescales.
• Manage own work workload to achieve targets, controlling financial expenditure and delivery of work packages to budget.
• Responsible for team workload planning, scheduling and execution to agreed schedule and man-management of team members.
• Team development and performance appraisal.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
Ability to communicate and influence across all levels of the company and interact effectively with internal customers and suppliers.
• IPC certified
• Design of complex manufacturing processes
• Able to apply Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma techniques effectively, including FMEA, SPC, TPM and process capability studies.
• Capable of supporting the development and rollout of new systems / processes
• Ability to lead Kaizen improvement events with the shop floor staff.
• Proven relevant technical proficiency, either through qualification (HND/Degree), or equivalent experience and knowledge.
• Lean Six Sigma Green/Black Belt preferable
• Strong knowledge of PCB/PCA design, components and manufacturing/test processes
• Ability to act as the Industrial engineering lead in cross functional teams for vendor assessment and selection
• A detailed understanding of the Engineering Lifecycle
• Experience of working in a Cleanroom environment/ESD controlled areas
• Additional Information
• Requirement to travel to suppliers, mostly UK-based.
• Possible overnight stays.
Over the last 19 years CEEMA Recruitment has built an enviable reputation and established itself as a true specialist in sourcing high quality professional candidates for numerous companies across the UK.
At CEEMA Recruitment we have vast experience in helping candidates find quality placements. Our team of specialist consultants have significant experience within the recruitment industry, are highly knowledgeable and will use this expertise to find you the position that you are looking for in either the permanent or contractor sectors of the market.
Please check the job details, then fill in your details below and click "Submit now".