Project Engineering Lead
Location: Southampton, England
Project Engineering Lead
Exciting new Permanent opportunity for a Project Engineering Lead based in Southampton.
Following a recent expansion, our global engineering and manufacturing client is currently looking to expand their team in Southampton with an experienced Project Engineering Lead whose primary role is to support the project engineering manager (PEM) during the final integration, commissioning and acceptance phase of a complex, high value satellite communication ground station upgrade programme, with a view to potentially taking on the engineering management role during the warranty support phase. In addition to ensuring that the Engineering programme is planned and managed effectively on a day-to-day basis, the successful candidate will be required to undertake system engineering tasks, including build state verification, physical configuration audits and as-built drawing verification at the SATCOM ground station sites across Europe. Ideally the candidate should have broad engineering experience of SATCOM ground station design/implementation, allowing them to supplement the existing engineering team in the resolution of technical issues.
As a Project Engineering Lead you will be able to:
• Under the direction of the PEM, manage the delivery of the overall engineering solution to time, cost and performance.
• Develop and implement the overall engineering plan, monitoring key development and delivery milestones with associated interdependencies.
• Collate and validate effort and schedule estimates, identifying forward load requirements.
• Manage compliance of the design solution against the overall customer requirement.
• Work with the System Design Authority (SDA) and Systems Engineering team to resolve technical or programme conflicts.
• Ensure that corrective and preventative action is taken to address any non-conformance.
• Evaluate, mitigate and manage engineering risks and identify any opportunities.
• Manage the review and update of large volumes of documentation and drawings, much of which will be produced by third party suppliers
• Actively participate in the management of change, including supporting the PEM and SDA to evaluate the cost and schedule impact of any technical and programmatic changes
• Participate in, and in some cases lead system engineering tasks, including build state verification, physical configuration audits and as-built drawing verification. This may involve collaboration with the Customer, colleagues from other business units and third party subcontractors.
• Support Procurement in make and buy decisions.
• Participate in Contract Status Reviews, Design Reviews and Progress Reviews and ensure that appropriate actions are placed, recorded and driven to closure
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
• Proven track record of delivery in complex projects
• Well-rounded engineering experience in all phases of the lifecycle across several projects or programmes
• Experience of customer/supplier relations
• Project management, in the context of an Engineering Manager
• Significant experience in all aspects of engineering task planning
• Large system information management
• Large system configuration audits & inventory management
• Practical, hands-on experience of satellite communications equipment integration
• Experience of support systems including power distribution, HVAC, fire protection & security systems
• People management of multi-discipline engineers
• In-service support
• Typically degree qualified in an appropriate engineering discipline.
• Typically meets the requirements for registration as a Chartered Engineer & be an active member of a relevant Professional Body.
• Verifiable evidence of experience in the above responsibilities.
• The successful candidate will be a Completer/Finisher, able to maintain high standards of document control & Configuration Management
• Due to the Nature of the project and the role, it is essential that the candidate being considered for the position has full UK SC security clearance. It is desirable that they additionally have NATO Secret (NS) clearance or are able to achieve this.
• This will predominately be an office-based role using display screen equipment working full time hours which can often be in a demanding environment.
• Willingness to travel at short notice to sites across UK and Europe to support Project activities is essential.
• Aspects of the role will require manual handling.
Over the last 19 years CEEMA Recruitment has built an enviable reputation and established itself as a true specialist in sourcing high quality professional candidates for numerous companies across the UK.
At CEEMA Recruitment we have vast experience in helping candidates find quality placements. Our team of specialist consultants have significant experience within the recruitment industry, are highly knowledgeable and will use this expertise to find you the position that you are looking for in either the permanent or contractor sectors of the market.
Please check the job details, then fill in your details below and click "Submit now".