Software Support Engineer (RL14901) Malton, England
|Salary:||competitive depending on experience|
A fantastic opportunity for a Software Support Engineer to join a successful, growing business based in Malton, North Yorkshire. A dynamic role with opportunities to travel to unique locations to support customers on-site. Competitive salary package available based on skills and experience.
As Software Support Engineer you will be end user focused, an effective communicator with a proactive approach and a team player. Your role will encompass the following:
- Supporting users with technical queries remotely and on-site including installation and commissioning work
- Perform and/or supervise the configuration of PLC's, Flow Computers and HMI/SCADA systems
- Design and implement software solutions including firewall and network administration
- Assist with planning, coordinating and document writing
- Carry out proactive ‘patch’ and ‘AV’ testing for supported customers
- Maintain internal PCs/laptops as an when required
To be successful in the role of Software Support Engineer, you will have the following:
- Degree qualified in computer science, control engineering or related discipline
- Up to date technical knowledge of C/C++/Visual C++ /SQL administration
- Experience with the following would be desirable Protocols, TCP/IP, Modbus, OPC, Firewalls e.g., Cisco PIX/ASA, Oracle, Windows Domains / Active Directory, Microsoft and Java
- Positive can-do attitude with excellent communication and customer care skills
- Solutions focused with an analytical, methodical approach to problem-solving
We are keen to hear from you if you have experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer and have worked with metering, control, PLC or SCADA systems.
If you are interested in this Software Support Engineer position, please click apply now.