Scientist (38068) Bundoora, Melbourne, Australia
- Busy permanent scientific role!
- Leading biotechnology company
- Excellent company culture
About the company
This biotechnology company is driven to discover and develop new next generation and effective therapeutics and treatments addressing drug targets and indications that are challenging for other technologies and in areas of high-unmet medical need.
About the opportunity
In this busy Scientist role; you will be managing and coordinating independently and cooperatively the analytical characterisation activities of the organisation. In particular, provide internationally competitive physicochemical characterisation capabilities to the organisation’s drug development programs.
- Protein characterisation:
-Develop and perform physicochemical characterisation of candidate molecules, as appropriate for the stage of development.
-Provide high quality QC support for reagents used as part of drug development activities.
-Develop high throughput screening assays to aid lead identification.
-Maintain awareness of new scientific/technical advancements for the analysis of biologics.
-Prepare clear standard operating procedures.
-Prepare detailed characterisation reports
-Accurately record experimental procedures and protocols.
-Prepare data presentations as required.
- Scientific contributions:
-Perform scientific project leadership duties as appropriate.
-Contribute to laboratory meeting discussions and other scientific forums.
-Contribute to the design and execution of formulation activities to ensure the of provision of fit-for-purpose material, as appropriate for the stage of development
-Optimise the developability of leads through evaluation of various physicochemical parameters
- Risk & Financial Management:
-Managing and mitigating risks associated with time, quality and cost, including inhouse and outsourced activities.
Skills and Experience
- PhD in a relevant discipline (e.g. biochemistry, chemistry, biophysics).
- Prior expertise and knowlege of SPR and Mass Spectrometry is a must have for this role.
- Previous post-doctoral experience, preferably in a biotech environment, would be highly regarded.
- General understanding of protein chemistry, analytical chemistry, biophysics and biochemistry.
- High level of proficiency in developing physicochemical methods for the detailed characterisation of biologics; including profiling and other analyses.
- Experience designing and running high throughput screening assays.
- Working knowledge and practical experience with instruments.
- Proficiency with mass spectrometry techniques commonly used for the analysis of Biologics.
- General understanding of techniques commonly used to assess stability of biologics.
- General knowledge of biologic formulation would be looked upon favourably.
Friendly and collaborative team culture; driven by their aim to discover and development therapeutics and treatments for areas of unmet medical need.