Scientist (38347) Broadmeadows, Melbourne, Australia
- Busy 1-year contract role!
- Leading global biotechnology company
- Excellent company culture
About the company
This global biotechnology company is driven by saving and improving lives using the latest technologies, offers the broadest range of quality therapies in the industry, and delivers life-saving medicines for patients with rare diseases and other unmet medical needs.
About the opportunity
In this busy Scientist role; you will be focusing on assay development, virus production and working with human pathogens.
- Research development and scientific tasks
- Working on assay development, virus production and working with human pathogens in a lab
- Working across virus purification, molecular biology for detection, real time PCR, and analysing data
- Work with human blood borne and respiratory pathogens including hepatitis A, hepatitis E and HIV.
- Documentation and report writing
- Perform planning tasks
Skills and Experience
- Tertiary or Postgraduate degree in a biological discipline
- Experience with hands-on research, diagnostic and/or assay development laboratory experience.
- Strong critical, scientific, mathematical, and strategic thinking skills
- Experience with documentation and reporting of protocols and results.
- Software skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
Friendly and collaborative team culture; driven by their promise to always put patients first and to innovate life-saving medicines.
Please contact Jo Turner for more information.