Scientist (38007) Broadmeadows, Melbourne, Australia
|Salary:||Excellent company culture|
- Busy 1-year contract role!
- Leading global biotechnology company
- Excellent company culture
About the company
This global biotechnology company is driven by saving and improving lives using the latest technologies, offers the broadest range of quality therapies in the industry, and delivers life-saving medicines for patients with rare diseases and other unmet medical needs.
About the opportunity
In this busy Scientist role; you will be focusing on assay development and virus production, concentration and purification in a dynamic global team.
- Purification, development, and optimisation process design of clinical candidates, with guidance from the Manager and Director of Cell Culture and Purification
- Generation and management of accurate and reliable data to support purification process development
- Scale-up, optimisation and technical transfer activities to the pilot scale operations group and to commercial manufacturing sites
- Complete all allocated training and may providing laboratory-based training in process procedures and equipment operations to other Scientists and Associate Scientists
- Subject matter expert for technical transfer of downstream process to pilot facilities
Skills and Experience
- Tertiary or Postgraduate degree in a biological discipline
- Experience with hands-on research, diagnostic and/or assay development laboratory experience.
- Strong critical, scientific, mathematical, and strategic thinking skills
- Experience with documentation and reporting of protocols and results.
- Software skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
Friendly and collaborative team culture; driven by their promise to always put patients first and to innovate life-saving medicines.