Cisco Network Engineer (OKN-CNE-1207) City Of Manchester, England
|Salary:||GBP40000 - GBP45000 per annum + Bonus + Bens|
My client is a leading Solutions Provider and is looking for a Senior Network Engineer and is expected to combine responding to incidents, day to day administration and technical project work on all systems supported by the Network Team, including but not limited to router and switch hardware, Firewall, WIfi and VoIP Services.
Ideally, you will be Cisco CCNA certified and highly competent in Routing & Switching with IP VPN / security / firewall technologies.
- An in-depth knowledge of Cisco routing switching and Firewalling (ASA), ZBF, VPN and IPS technologies
- Experience of supporting large complex WAN’s including those which use RIPv2, OSPF, EIGRP and BGP
- Experience of supporting large complex LAN environments (LACP, MSTP, VRRP / HSRP)
- Experience of configuring and supporting VPN networks (RA VPN, L2L, DMVPN, eZVPN)
- Ability to relate business requirements to technical solutions
- Strong analytical skills to quickly and accurately respond to re-active problems ensuring that the most appropriate course of action is taken
- Experience of working in an ITIL environment, understanding how the end to end processes work across the organisation
- Exposure to Cisco Nexus networking equipment
- Exposure to HP Procure or HP Comware environments
- Experience of / or a conceptual understanding of virtualisation (ESXi) and Windows server 2008 / 2012 technologies
- Experience of / or a conceptual understanding of networking concepts including Wifi (Aruba / Cisco) and VoIP (Mitel)