Senior Infrastructure Engineer (OKN-SIE8) Thame, England
|Salary:||GBP35000 - GBP40000 per annum + 5%Bonus, On call, + Bens|
A leading commercial solutions provider is seeking an experienced Senior Infrastructure Engineer, to design and implement best of breed infrastructure solutions using on premise, private cloud and public cloud platforms. You will be managing over 500 users in multiple sites in UK and Europe.
You will be highly competent in Microsoft Server platforms, particularly Active Directory 2012 and System Centre with a "can do" attitude and an expert in troubleshooting, perform root cause analysis and resolve underlying issues.
- Essential technical skills include:
- Excellent Active Directory knowledge (up to 2012R2), preferable with experience of AD upgrade and migration.
- Scripting (preferably Powershell)
- Virtualisation (VMWare 4.x/5.x and Hyper-V)
- Microsoft Server 2003 -2012R2, including provisioning, migration and failover clustering.
- Understanding of email/Exchange principles
- Microsoft System Centre 2012 (SCCM, SCOM) and/or other monitoring technologies.
- Experience of HP Server and Storage technology (SAN, iSCSI and FC)
- Networking including:
- Cisco switching and routing
- Cisco ASA Firewalls
- Microsoft ISA/TMG Server
- Desirable technical skills include:
- Netbackup 7.5
- Citrix (or similar) desktop virtualisation
- Systems Centre 2012 Orchestrator or other automation software
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 – 2014, including failover clustering
- Lync 2013/Skype for Business
- Anti-virus technology – McAfee ePO and/or Sophos
- Experience of migration from on premises infrastructure to the cloud
- Experience of delivering IT in a Contact Centre environment would be an advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree or 8+ years related work experience