Financial Accountant (Finance) Sydney CBD, Sydney, Australia
- Performing timely and accurate end-of-month processes including proper revenue and expense recognition, overhead allocations and accruals for designated companies;
- Preparation of timely and accurate monthly Navitas Group financial reporting packages for designated companies;
- Preparation of monthly financial and management reporting package including variance analysis validation;
- Preparing the designated month-end balance sheet reconciliations by the due date and ensuring that reconciling items are promptly resolved and cleared ready for review/approval by the Financial Accounting Manager/Financial Controller C&I;
- Supporting the Financial Accounting Manager with the reviewing/approving of designated balance sheet reconciliations;
- Ensuring the proper integration of data into the General Ledger and aligned with the student management system and payroll;
- Provide support in the management of Institute approved scholarships, ensuring in line with policy and delegations of authority;
- Provide the highest standard of customer service to business partners;
- Complying with Finance Policies and Procedures;
- Assisting with preparation of data for annual financial statements, income tax returns, FBT returns, GST returns, IAS returns and Payroll Tax returns to ensure the timely and accurate submission of all statutory reporting requirements as and when required by the Senior/Tax Accountant
- Maintaining the fixed assets registers for the designated companies and co-ordinating the annual periodic inventory verification with custodians;
- Liaising with Navitas Group Finance, including Payroll, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable as required; and
- Assisting with ad hoc projects and the general needs of the finance function as required from time-to-time.
The person we seek will ideally have the following:
- Qualified Chartered Accountant, CPA, CIMA or equivalent
- Previous experience in a Financial Accounting role
- A strong level of computer literacy
- Strong excel skills
- Good analytical skills
- Team player, exhibits flexibility for different tasks and willingness to learn
- Good communication, interpersonal and self-management skills
- Ability to work independently and utilise a level of initiative
- Good time management skills
- Relevant educational industry experience, particularly with the tertiary sector or with entities providing services to international students
- User knowledge of Oracle and Hyperion systems (or similar)
What we can offer you:
- Modern facilities and tools to support your performance
- A supportive and stable team environment
- Exposure to a globally diverse organisation
- First class modern facilities close to transport
- Health & Wellbeing packages
- Salary packaging and novated leasing
Navitas is a leading global education provider that has helped generations of learners transform their lives through education. We create life-changing opportunities to learn by delivering an extensive range of educational services to over 70,000 aspirational students across our global network each year.
Diversity and Inclusion
Navitas promotes and embraces an inclusive and diversified workforce. We believe equality, flexibility and diversity in the workplace will deliver a rich and collaborative environment for our employees, students and clients.
We encourage applications from candidates with disabilities, of all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and diverse community groups.
How to apply
Please apply online to lodge your application successfully.
Applications close on 29/10/2021 however, we reserve the right to progress or confirm applicants prior to close date. Applications received after the close date may be considered pending the recruitment process.
To our agency partners – thank you for your interest however, we will not be accepting unsolicited applications and we do not require support for this role at this stage
For more information or to view other opportunities, please visit navitas.com/careers
Successful candidates will require full working rights in Australia and undergo criminal records and working with children check.