Trade Compliance Analyst (BBBH69449) Hedwig Village, Texas
|Salary:||USD60000 - USD65000 per year|
We are working with a client (an oil and gas solutions provider) in West Houston (77043) that is seeking a Trade Compliance Specialist to join their team for a 6-month contract (to possible hire). Hours are Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm, pay is $60k to $65k annually.
• Develop and maintain Trade Compliance process and procedures
• Liaise between regulatory bodies, trade partners, and relevant internal stakeholders, providing best-in-class customs information and advisory services
• Conduct Broker compliance audits
• Conduct periodic regulatory, financial, and operations compliance reviews
• Classify, update and maintain HTS classification data base
• Ensure the proper HTS classification, ADD/CVD, valuation, marking, and country of origin of imported merchandise and the proper use of duty preference programs
• Maintain records in accordance with US Customs regulations
• Maintain tariff classification database for all imported products
• Act as a resource for researching, providing guidance, and responding to Customs compliance inquiries from various internal stakeholders
• Research and respond to inquiries received from US Customs (for example, CV/AD inquiries)
• Manage the daily relationship with customs brokers and carriers to resolve problems at all points in transit.
• Develop and analyze data and key metrics for inbound shipments and Customs compliance
• Facilitate and conduct trade compliance presentations/trainings for global sales and service operation groups
• Audit, code and report third party logistics, import and detention/per diem invoices
• Ability to review and interpret U.S. Government import and export regulations, corporate policies and procedures to ensure global compliance.
• Remain current on all relevant global customs regulations to identify risk and/or opportunity
• Perform research on products using Internet tools, technical drawings, white papers and technical specification documents
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong customer service skills, internal and external
• Excellent Communication skills required, written and verbal
• Bachelor’s degree preferred with a concentration in business, trade compliance or logistics or related field
• 5 + years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Negotiation experience
• Duty Drawback Experience, preferred
Founded in 1951 by Lou and Gwen Snelling, Snelling is a staffing and recruiting pioneer, bringing innovative solutions to the industry. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, the award-winning Snelling network is comprised of more than 80 locations across the United States. Leveraging more than 65 years of proven performance, the experts at Snelling have what it takes to solve your complex staffing challenges or find the job opportunity you seek quickly and efficiently.
Our job is to match exceptional people with exceptional opportunities. Whether you're searching for your next opportunity or looking for qualified talent, trust the staffing and recruiting experts at Snelling to help you achieve more.
Awards and Recognition:
Staffing 100: Lee Elkinson, Chief Executive Officer
Best of Staffing® Client Satisfaction Diamond Award (2013-2018)
2018 Best of Staffing® Client Satisfaction
Award 2017 Largest Staffing Firms in the United States - Staffing Industry Analysts 2017 Largest North Texas Women-Owned Businesses - Dallas Business Journal 2017
Best Professional Search Firms - Forbes 2017
Best of Staffing® Client Satisfaction Award 2016
Best of Staffing® Talent Satisfaction Award 2016 Best of Staffing®