Clinical Tutor (5712N) Newtown, Wellington Central, New Zealand
- Can you work flexible hours when required?
- Do you have an interest in a fixed-term, part-time role providing support as a clinical tutor?
- Are you a registered nurse who is interested in exploring a role in nursing education in the tertiary sector?
Mō Te Herenga Waka - About Our University
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is a global-civic university with our marae at our heart. This iho draws off our heritage and is further defined by our tūrangawaewae, in particular Wellington, Aotearoa, and the Asia-Pacific, all of which are expressed in our position as Aotearoa New Zealand's globally ranked capital city university.
Our core ethical values are respect, responsibility, fairness, integrity, and empathy. These core ethical values are demonstrated in our commitment to sustainability, wellbeing, inclusivity, equity, diversity, collegiality, and openness. With, and as, tangata whenua, we value Te Tiriti o Waitangi, rangatiratanga, manaakitanga, kaitiakitanga, whai mātauranga, whanaungatanga, and akoranga.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is currently recruiting clinical tutors on a fixed-term, part-time contract. The School of Nursing, Midwifery, and Health Practice is seeking expressions of interest from registered nurses with a Postgraduate Qualification to work part-time as clinical tutors supporting a variety of courses.
Ō pūmanawa - About you
It is expected that successful applicants will meet the below selection criteria:
- Completed relevant Postgraduate Diploma/Engaged in Masters level study or beyond.
- Annual Practising Certificate (Nursing).
- Outgoing personality and an interest in the support and development of students.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Well organised and reliable.
- Willing to work flexible hours as required.
- Ability to work as a team member that includes academics & professional staff.
- Ability to support face to face and/or online teaching as required.
- Ability to work with and assess students in the clinical environment.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in NZ and hold a relevant work visa.
Ētahi kōrero hai āwhina i a koe - Why you should join our team
Our team is a collaborative group of clinicians and academics that are passionate about nursing and supporting health professionals to make a positive difference to communities they serve.
Close Date for Vacancy: 19 January 2024
We will be reviewing applications as they are received and may progress with suitable applicants prior to the application closing date.
Contact Details for Vacancy: If you have any questions regarding this role please get in touch with Annie Kane, Programme Director (Annie.Kane@vuw.ac.nz). But applicants should follow all steps listed below.
Important - Application Steps and information
Download and complete the University Application Form.
Then, please combine your cover letter, CV and the University Application Form into a single file (preferably in pdf format).
Click Apply and follow the process to enter your contact details and attach your combined file (CV, cover letter and the University application form) using the “CV/Resume” button.
If you have any issues uploading your application, please email the completed application form, cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the reference number and position title from the advert in the subject line.