UI/UX Designer (359165) Windsor, Connecticut
FULL TIME Opportunity, permanent position with a great organization.
Looking for a UX/UI Designer with eCommerce experience.
The UX/UI designer must be skilled at balancing user needs and business demands, and effectively communicating those needs through designs and documentation. Collaboration with internal and external teams is essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Define the user experience for product and platforms by creating storyboards, wireframes and mockups, UI designs and conducting usability tests.
- Transform complex tasks into an intuitive, easy-to-use experience.
- Collaborate with IT, development partners and eCommerce team members to brainstorm and review designs collectively in a collaborative manner.
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually, including presenting to product owners, stakeholders, and cross-functional teams.
- Lead multiple projects to completion (within deadlines), considering the full context of the user experience, including business challenges, user needs and technological capabilities.
- Develop, test and maintain email templates.
- Be flexible and iterate designs in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous, environment.
- Identify trends and actively improve the customer experience through the application of the latest in front-end development practices and technology.
Skills/Abilities Essential to the Position
- Customer Service Focus
- Analytical/Problem Solving
- Team and Results Oriented
- Organized, Attention to detail
- Communication (Speaking, Questioning, Listening, Presenting, Writing)
- Project Management
Knowledge Essential to the Position
- In depth understanding of web design and user experience best practices and methodologies
- Desktop software: PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Access, Microsoft Project
- Proficiency with design software such as Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe XD, Invision
- Basic understanding of HTML5, CSS3
- Understanding of current front-end web technologies, native interface guidelines, web services, and APIs
- Undergraduate degree, or equivalent experience, with an emphasis on Visual Design, Web Design, Interactive Media, or Computer Science.
- Five years professional experience in interaction design or user experience design.