Business Development Manager (JO015138) Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Business Development Manager
Division: Transmission & Distribution
Function: Strategic Projects and Business Development
To define and manage the Transmission & Distribution Business Development strategy and activities by identifying prospective business development opportunities and facilitating market share growth as per corporate objectives.
- Ensure effective cascading of the functional strategy into department business plans to ensure vertical alignment and horizontal integration with other interfacing departmental strategies.
- Manage the effective achievement of assigned objectives through the leadership of the Business Development department by setting of individual objectives, managing performance, developing, and motivating staff to maximize sectional performance.
Job Specific Accountabilities
Business Development Opportunities Identification and Implementation
- Lead/conduct market screening for all organic and inorganic growth opportunities such as M&A, Joint Ventures, or other BD opportunities across and outside the UAE and the conducting of due diligence in coordination with internal teams, to support strategic decision making.
- Develop plans, budgets, policies, processes, and governance framework for all approved initiatives within the assigned function to drive project delivery.
- Develop and implement a clear roadmap for business development processes for investor targeting, investment propositions assessment and modelling to have consistent approaches and procedures throughout investment attraction and ensure business growth.
- Define the agenda for research on investment projects and ensure they are relevant to the organization’s goals, whilst exploring the opportunities contributing to the sustainable business development.
- Prepare investment propositions assessment reports to advise executive management on investments’ techno-economic feasibility and business risks for decision-making support.
- Draft and submit investment plan memorandums to the investment committees, finance, and strategy departments to discuss projects and initiatives’ viability with subject matter expertise to support recommendations.
- Develop investment dossiers, projects and initiatives identification and prioritization plans, to increase alignment and focus of management and business units around execution goals and processes.
Business Development Excellence
- Manage the business development budget and monitor financial performance ensuring the business is aware of anticipated costs/revenues, areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified and rectified promptly.
- Review and study current investments value return and investment performance and identify performance success and gaps (if any) to incorporate and consider in future investment plans.
- Inform Senior Management regarding investment portfolio by providing them with information and reports on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with all functions to assure that investment leads are properly captured to ensure knowledge sharing and alignment of business teams to ensure proper preparation and drive for success in investment and project provision.
- Conduct comprehensive market research, feasibility studies, and financial analysis to generate insights on new opportunities within the assigned target market.
- Identify new areas, regions, and markets for potential business development based on market research and demographics.
- Identify new sales channels; assess marketing and promotional requirements for each category to quantify proper incentives for each target channel.
- Conduct data analysis and studies to analyse and evaluate the attractiveness to NewCo for each identified customer segment within the assigned target market.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing Management, Finance, or any related field.
- 15 years of relevant experience in Business Development.