Senior Electrical Engineer (MPH - Electrical) Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Plan, monitor and coordinate all electrical engineering design, procurement, installation and commissioning support activities associated with all projects across UAE in liaison with project planning and management for a wide range of electrical equipment, control panels, power distribution systems and associated switch gears in the various plants/sites to facilitate successful completion of projects as per defined parameters, industry best practices and contractual agreements.
Oversee detailed design and engineering activity for all electrical engineering aspects of projects, including formulation of engineering and procurement/material and installation specifications to ensure alignment to project goals and strategy.
2) Supervise, coordinate and approve the activities of assigned personnel and contractor or consultants on all electrical engineering related activities (design, detailed engineering, procurement and installation) ensuring effective liaison with the project development team for all day to day matters to facilitate timely and accurate execution of all project phases as per defined timelines and specifications.
3) Ensure projects’ electrical engineering activities are executed according to specification, within budget, with the contract scope of work and meets time schedules while highlighting any non-conformances to project engineers, sponsors and Senior Manager Engineering for timely action.
4) Review and resolve contractor queries and provide technical guidance and expertise such that project goals are clearly understood and to minimize delays. Review and approve all related technical documents as per defined levels of authority and established protocols.
5) Gather, research and analyze pertinent data and information and prepare recommendations with supporting technical data for the effective development of specifications and equipment data sheets.
6) Participate in technical evaluation of contractor vendor proposals to assess technical capability and ensure that bidder’s proposals comply with set specifications.
7) Coordinate the electrical engineering review and approval of design, equipment and interface with contractor and vendors on Clients UAE’s requirements.
8) Coordinate and provide all related electrical engineering support for all project installation activities, including the assurance that detailed and related electrical engineering data are available at site. Check and validate the preparation, issuance and implementation of relevant technical documents, by contractor including detailed procedures, method statements, drawings, calculation notes, list of electrical engineering equipment, list of personnel, planning, back-up procedures, to support effective project execution.
9) Perform supervisory functions at the level established by management for the position to ensure all activities are per defined standards and agreements.
10) Lead site meetings related to all aspects of electrical engineering matters ensure the assigned discipline, interdisciplinary and operational input from Client UAE is effectively communicated to contractors or consultants and reflected in specifications, data sheets and drawings and ascertain adherence with defined protocols across project design and execution phases.
11) Responsible for ensuring contractor, vendor and subcontractors’ activities within area of responsibility are carried out in accordance with the contractual strategy. Participate in all project reviews including HAZOP, etc. to assure adherence to all defined standards while highlighting areas of non-conformances and advising on corrective actions.
12) Ensure that Contractor compiles and maintains updated technical manuals with all documents, procedures, plans and pertinent information related to site work while assessing and reporting on the acceptability of the deviation/relaxation requested by Contractor providing recommendations on the matter.
15) Prepare updates on weekly progress, resource requirements, drawings and documents availability, and schedule look-ahead, etc. and report any important issues, such as deviations, delays to management to support implementation of corrective action.
16) Participate in Main Equipment Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) and Site Acceptance Testing (SAT).
17) Perform other similar or related duties as required or assigned by Senior Manager Engineering.
Minimum Educational Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelors’ degree in Engineering (Electrical / Instrumentation) from a recognized institution / university.
- Additional technical or management qualifications or certification related to onshore and offshore Electrical engineering would be an advantage.
- 6 years’ relevant work experience in electrical engineering in on shore/ off shore projects including supervising contractor activities particularly in the oil and gas industry in the Gulf region with at least 3 years in positions of progressively increasing supervisory responsibilities.
- Technical skills in engineering principles
- Risk management
- Understanding of local safety rules and regulations
- Knowledge of quality management methods
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Negotiation skills
- Problem solving
- Planning and organizing skills