Sr. Mechanical Engineer, ME, PE (ME_PE_chicago, IL) Chicago Heights, Illinois
Our Motto - We Hire through Retire!
- Sr. Mechanical Engineer PE, ME – HVAC, Hyrdonic System, Management of Team
- 5+ years’ experience
- Project Manager
- Specialize in buildings, HVAC design, hydronic, boilers, pumps.
- Leading a small staff of engineers
- Working with designing above information on buildings such as; Airports, Retail, Commercial, Hospitality, Healthcare, K-12 Education, Mixed-Use and Light Industrial.
We are currently looking to hire the right Sr. Mechanical Engineer, PE, ME who specializes in HVAC design and associated calculations and associated calculations, hydronic systems design and flow /pressure calculations, sizing and specifying of mechanical equipment such as boilers, pumps and chillers, plumbing systems design and selection, fire protection system design, underground utilities coordination and specification production. Participates in the creation of standards, the management of subordinate staff design reviews and stamping of plans. Position will include the management of projects, including coordination with the client and other consultants, document production, attendance at design meeting, correspondence with clients and partners and construction management (shop drawings, site observation and punch lists).
We are currently looking a designer, technical constructional documentation who also serves as project manager one of our offices located in multiple locations throughout Illinois, also including our office in Chicago. We work on a diverse set of projects ranging from HVAC, Mechanical and Electrical on building structures such as; Airports, Commercial, Hospitality, Healthcare, K-12 Education, Mixed-Use and Retail. Are you tired of being pigeonholed? We are searching for candidates that either have currently the knowledge or want to learn the entire process in taking over their own entire team. Also wanting to be exposed to an assortment of challenges that will help grow your personal portfolio. Giving you experiences that will be challenging yet fulfilling. This position is a for a Project Manager that comes with all the normal responsibilities.
Above average competitive salary with full health benefits and holiday pay and PTO.
The successful candidate shall have the following skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Master's preferred
- Licensed in Civil Mechanical Engineer, ME and/or PE – both preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of Civil Mechanical engineering experience
- Project Manager – lead team from customer concept, schematics, technical engineering, construction documentation, project management etc.
- Software AutoCAD, REVIT and/or MicroStation required. Including Microsoft Office suite of programs. The more programs you know the better
- Strong technical, creative/design performance, communication, team-work, presentation, and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
List of type of projects you have worked on. Type of structures (healthcare, k-12 education, residential, mixed-use, commercial, retail, high-rise, etc.) or please list the type of products that you have helped create.
- Contribute to positive client relations
- Proactive team member
- Perform calculations and analysis for designing mechanical systems in buildings, HVAC, hydronics, etc.
- Collaborate with architects, designers, structural engineers, electrical engineers, fabricators and building contractors on design and construction of projects
- Review calculations and design details developed by others for conformance to code specified loadings and strength
- Review shop drawing submittals and stamp approvals
- Organize and maintain project files
- Perform structural analysis using various bridge design software programs
- Other assignments as needed
- Interview and hire your own team in the future
Never get pigeonholed as we work on a very diverse set of projects. Great opportunity for career growth as we would prefer promoting from within (when possible). But, due to rapid growth, we need new qualified candidates. Culture and environmental is excellent. As we foster a great work-life balance. Above average salary, full health benefits with holiday pay and paid time off.
Must include Resume, Project List and Portfolio to be considered.
Must be able to work in the United States without requirement for sponsorship now or in the future!
gpac (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 27 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused, and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 29 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.