Product Owner Summary:
Signature Consultants is hiring a Product Owner for an opportunity in Chicago, IL. The Product Owner is responsible for leading the creation and implementation of software products. You will help envision, build, deploy, measure and continually improve future generations of products by partnering with various departments across the organization and the IT development team to identify technology needs and provide optimal business solutions for business systems. The Product Owner is responsible for owning the ideation process and providing creative solutions to problems. In addition, he or she will also lead cross-functional process improvement teams to analyze and assess core business processes or procedures utilizing best business practices and current analysis techniques and methodologies.
- Responsible for ideation phase of a project. Use high level domain knowledge and perspective to define goals, create vision and design analytical creative solutions for program work
- Create and clearly communicate the vision for the product to ensure alignment across business and technology teams to maintain focus on providing maximizing product value
- System domain expert responsible for acting as the liaison between system users and development teams
- Responsible for translating customer language into technical details to define and develop product features and functionality while balancing a range of business priorities
- Evaluate user needs and system capabilities with a focus on improving existing processes. This requires capturing user input related to process or system improvement needs to evaluate for improvement opportunities
- Drive cross-functional teams in the product vision, strategy, technical development and launch of innovative software products in an agile workflow
- Define and develop product roadmaps and long terms plans for successful management and development of quality products
- Manage the implementation of business systems documenting requirements, establishing scope and objectives and determining strategy for implementing systems that achieve business goals
- Manage technical aspects of product development through collaboration with development team
- Create test plans & cases, test system enhancements and maintain all documentation for assigned business systems and recommend improvements to processes and procedures
- Present detailed process and system changes to leadership and stakeholders to influence decision making at all levels within the organization
- Develop metrics and document basic report requirements as identified by the business to ensure business systems are standardized and continue to work properly
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels
- A proven track record of understanding all aspects of the product development lifecycle including product strategy development, requirements definition, UI/UX design, engineering and testing.
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects
- Experienced using Project Management software, Visio, Powerpoint, all MS Office Tools and the Atlassian Tool Suite
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or Business Administration
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the eighth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the “Best Staffing Firms to Work For” and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 26 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients’ technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com.
To apply for this job, please complete the following 6 fields and we will immediately follow-up (* = required).
Signature Consultants is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities according to state and federal disability discrimination laws. If, because of a disability, you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com or call 888-838-1020. Signature Consultants will partner with you in good faith to identify and implement a reasonable accommodation, if any, that is appropriate and consistent with its legal obligations.
Signature Consultants is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
EEO is the law: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf