QHSE Engineer - Island Development Project (MPH-QHSE0001) Manama, Bahrain
Job Description: QHSE Engineer
- Review the contract documents for each Marine Construction Package in respect of QA/QC requirements and procedures and advise the Resident Engineer of any deficiency.
- Review QA/QC site organization, key personnel CV's as submitted by the contractors and advise the Resident Engineer of any comments.
- Conduct and/or participate in company/manager quality or technical compliance audits for contractor, sub-contractor or suppliers.
- Review QA/QC procedures and document control as submitted by contractor and its sub-contractor or suppliers. Furthermore, ensure implementation is in compliance with Contract requirements.
- Review inspection, test, plans as submitted by contractor and any subcontractors or suppliers. Furthermore, ensure compliance with Contract requirements.
- Attend all activities on site and ensure their compliance with QA/QC procedure in respect of the format signed off by Contractor's QA/QC Manager.
- Ensure traceability of all materials and equipment from purchasing and up to delivery on site.
- Check all materials and equipment as delivered on site and ensure its compliance with approved materials and specifications.
- Closely monitor Site activities, fully coordinate with PMC discipline engineers, on a daily basis issuing NCR's in case of non-compliance and reporting to Resident Engineer in case of shortage of skilled labourers and/or Site supervision staff.
- Participate with PMC staff in reviewing the Close Out Report as submitted by contractors.
- Coordinate with all disciplines/contractors for QA/QC and attend Weekly Progress Meetings.
- Critically review contractors' health and safety plans to make sure they are comprehensive and tailored for the particular site, type of works, plant, etc.
- Monitor and make sure all contractors, sub-contractors, engineers and visitors comply with the safety requirements on site.
- Site environmental monitoring.
- Monitor the contractors' activities to ensure that they comply to the requirements of the MoE.
- Responsible for emergency evacuation plan.
- Responsible for first aid.
- Proactive approach to prevent/mitigate risk of accidents.
Note: The role is approximately 70% Quality and 30% HSE.