Sr. Commissioning Engineer - Fuel Route & Nuclear Safety Cranes (MPH-SCEN0003) Bristol, England
|Salary:||EUR9000 - EUR14000 per month|
The Fuel Route and Nuclear Safety Cranes - Senior Commissioning Engineer will be responsible for contributing to the safe and effective commissioning of the fuel route and nuclear safety cranes within HPC. He will be coordinating the delivery of commissioning documentation, supervising and supporting commissioning engineers carrying out commissioning tests at the HPC site and analysing commissioning test results.
- Accountable to a Commissioning Manager in the NNB HPC Project team.
- Develop commissioning documentation relating to commissioning testing and system validation activities.
- Contribute to design reviews to ensure layout of plant items and systems are in a manner that allows ease of commissioning.
- Contribute to detailed planning of commissioning and take ownership of a programme of commissioning tests.
- Take part in the execution of site commissioning activities including supervision of contractor commissioning personnel to achieve successful and safe commissioning of HPC systems .
- Provide information to assist the Commissioning Manager and Senior Commissioning .
- Analyse commissioning results and provide reports summarising the outcome of commissioning.
- Ensure that the commissioning process meets nuclear, environmental and industrial safety regulatory requirements and that it reflects best practice in international safety and technical excellence.
- Knowledge of UK context and legislation for lifting equipment (e.g. LOLER)
- Experience of conformity assessment for lifting equipment and working with Third Parties.
- Strong technical background in lifting and handling equipment.
- Demonstrable history of working within safety and quality cultures.
- Track record of major project delivery in a technical role.
- Hands-on experience on cranes and fuel handling machines.
- Experience in the design, commissioning, maintenance and/or operations of fuel route and nuclear safety-classified cranes.
- Good communication skills and the ability to convey complex information to others.
- Experience of commissioning complex plant.
- Some experience leading technical teams.
- Familiarity with safety case process and design substantiation.
- Knowledge of delivering to complex project programmes.
- Commercial awareness with an understanding of the impact of change.
- French language skills would be beneficial.
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer or equivalent professional standing.
- Experience of working in a regulatory environment.