Test/QA Analyst – Software – Manchester/Flexible (PR/CR/013581) Manchester, England
|Salary:||GBP25000 - GBP40001 per annum + Excellent Benefits + Flexible Working|
Test/QA Analyst required for a leading software provider based in the North-West (Manchester & Warrington offices), where you will play a key part in the Quality Assurance and Testing, to enhance the delivery of leading software solutions to existing enterprise clients. You will be responsible for the testing of solution features and change requests for a multitude of clients across several technologies, utilising predominantly manual testing techniques – however there will be the opportunity for you to develop your automation skills. The role will be a couple of days in the office, with the rest from home.
We are ideally looking for Test Analyst’s with some commercial experience at the junior level, and for more experienced Mid-Level Test Analyst with ideally SAAS experience. The ideal candidate will have previous manual testing experience, preferably working on complex software systems.
- Creating and executing test plans/scripts.
- Performing functional and non-functional testing, including system, integration, automation, regression, performance, usability, and compatibility testing.
- Testing of payment journeys, as well as various payment methods.
- Querying databases, SQL interrogation, checking values and data within SQL Server databases.
- Accurately tracking, analysing, recording, and verifying the output of logging defects using JIRA, with clarity and managing throughout the defect lifecycle.
- Reporting, escalating, and communicating issues, working closely with product development and TechOps teams to resolve issues.
- Participating in monthly meetings where the team collaborate, share, and exchange experience and knowledge.
- Proven track record in manual testing. (Including functional/non-functional)
- Effective planning, organisation, and time management skills.
- Troubleshooting skills combined with the ability to break down complex issues and provide sensible solutions.
- Experience with Postman is highly desirable, experience with GIT version control, JIRA, Visual Studio, SQL Server Management Studio highly beneficial.
- Set and prioritise workloads, disciplined to meet deadlines.
- Strong communication skills to liaise with Development and Product teams
- ISTQB Software Tester certification or Degree qualification would be highly desirable.
- Experience in API Testing (e.g. SOAP, REST etc) highly desirable
- Knowledge of Automation Testing Techniques would be beneficial.
The salary on offer for the position depends on the level of the role, and your experience, with salaries starting at £25,000 per annum, up to £40,000 for the Mid-Level Test Analyst candidates.
Send your up-to-date CV to Josh Horne at Crimson for review.
Do you know anyone that might be interested in this role? Refer a friend for this role to earn £250 worth of vouchers.
Crimson is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy.
Test/QA Analyst – Software – Manchester/Flexible