Head of IT (RL11984) Thirsk, England
|Salary:||GBP30000 - GBP45000 per annum + Pension, Discount tuition fees,|
A unique opportunity has arisen for a Head of IT and Digital Strategy to join a highly respected and thriving school in the North Yorkshire area.
Set in beautiful countryside on the outskirts of Thirsk and easily commutable from York, Harrogate, Rippon and Leeds. This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity for someone who wants to build their career, be part of a leadership team and use their creativity, vision and passion to develop and implement new IT infrastructure and strategy while utilising their own technical skill set to teach, maintain and support.
We are looking for someone with a strong technical capacity along with the vision and creativity to support and run their IT function as well as direct a new approach to digital learning through development and implementation of the IT curriculum.
As Head of IT You will have full autonomy for the IT division and play a key part in the school leadership team ensuring the schools IT infrastructure and digital strategy remain at the cutting edge of the sector. Allowing the students, the best possible learning and ensuring the well being and safety of its students, staff and data at all times.
Working initially as a standalone role you will be highly adaptable, practical and creative, with the ability to undertake a variety of technical tasks covering Desktop, Server and network infrastructure as well as IT maintenance and user support across multiple applications including Google apps, apple and Microsoft. Providing technical expertise, leadership, creativity and problem-solving skills you will be an expert in your field and able to adapt and grow the IT and digital solutions within the school.
Previous experience working within an education facility would be an advantage in order to develop the curriculum and engage with students learning, however not essential.
The role requires someone with a passion for education and IT and who wants to support the development and learning of students, using the most current and update to IT and digital technology available.
The role offers numerous benefits including
- Discounted fees for the school
- employer stakeholder contributory pension scheme.
- Free on site meals
- Stunning work setting in 40 acres of landscaped grounds
To be successful in the role of Head of IT you will possess
- A bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science or a related field
- Evidence of professional qualifications in IT-related areas, demonstrating a proven track record of keeping up to date with developments and technology
- Strong understanding of IS/IT/media systems that support educational provision and an excellent understanding of teaching and learning
- Knowledge of MX routing, spam filtering, blacklists, autoresponders, mail signatures, SPF, DKIM, DMARC, client software
- Excellent understanding of mobile technologies and IT presentation equipment
- Experience of systems management, programming and technical support
- Knowledge of database systems
- Previous iSAMS experience
- Proven leadership qualities with an ability to convert strategy into practice
- Ability to problem-solve and think strategically
- Ability to monitor, analyse, evaluate and set targets
- Ability to ensure effective financial planning and management
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills
- Ability to be discreet and uphold confidentiality
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Excellent written English and meticulous attention to detail
- Energy, drive, enthusiasm and a positive manner
- Willingness to support the School’s Christian values, ethos and heritage
- Awareness of the importance of Child Protection and Safeguarding of young people
- Willingness to play an active part in the life of the school community
- Willingness to work out of hours as and when school functions occur
This is a full-time, permanent role. Some flexibility will be required to allow for attendance at special events including open days and on call support for users outside standard working hours.
Due to the location of the school own transport is essential
Any offer of employment will be subject to the schools recruitment process including an enhanced DBS and reference check.