Business Analyst (3201) Manchester, England
|Salary:||GBP50000 - GBP65000 per annum|
Business Analyst (Remote Working)
The objective of the role:
- Extract business requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task, and workflow analysis.
- Facilitate regular meetings/workshops with the project team, and clients and elicit stakeholder feedback to validate priorities.
- Have the authority to suggest alternative solutions to the client when what they have asked for does not fit into the Product Development strategy.
- Create detailed mock-ups and other visual requirements, as required, to be presented alongside user requirements to development /feature teams and key business stakeholders.
- Working as the Product Owner, manage product backlog and assist the team in breaking down the Product backlog items into smaller, more manageable pieces of work and build incrementally.
- Collaborate with the team on Backlog Refinement sessions, elaborating the acceptance criteria for each user story so that the team can estimate them.
- Collaborate with the team on Sprint Review and Planning sessions.
- Participate in the QA process by developing clear, specific, and testable acceptance criteria.
- Participate in daily stand-up meetings, planning meetings, reviews, and retrospectives.
- Technical/Personal Skills
Proven experience in a BA role
- Experience in writing effective user stories (BDD)
- Ability to break down a complex problem into a clearly thought through solution with well-structured analysis, design, and examples as supporting documentation
- Agile experience (Scrum/Kanban/TDD)
- Experience working on Product Implementation projects with a high degree of integration with client’s legacy systems
- A good eye for UI
- Senior Stakeholder management experience
- Polished communication/negotiation skills
- Jira/Confluence/ experience
- MS Visio or other similar visualization software such as Axure
Experience and Skills:
- Possess strong communication, leadership, and facilitation skills
- Understand other processes and methodologies and can speak intelligently about them and leverage other techniques to provide value to a team/enterprise
- Understand basic fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
- Understand the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team
- Understand backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition
- Technical understanding of infrastructure components, their dependencies, and interactions between servers, virtual systems, networks, databases, web applications, etc.
- Ability to proactively participate in customer engagements, follow direction from lead technicians, work with customers, and participate in technical planning
If this role sounds appealing and you would like to make an application, please respond confirming your interest (along with an updated CV if necessary).