Senior PHP Developer (BBBH286) Wakefield, England
|Salary:||GBP35000 - GBP50000 per annum + Flexible working hours, remote working|
Role: Senior PHP Developer
Salary: up to £50k per annum (dependent on experience)
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference? Do you enjoy solving problems and using the latest technologies? This is a great opportunity for someone who doesn't want to get lost in a large organisation and have a real impact on the development of some very complex enterprise scale applications.
Currently the development team consists of 6 developers and one Software Tester. However further to continued success of the business the Software Development team need to less reliant on outsourcing and so the development team is growing.
• At least 5 years of solid PHP experience, preferably in back end PHP development
• Experience with a modern MVC framework is essential, e.g. Zend, Symfony, Laravel. Symfony experience would be optimal, even more optimal would be Symfony 3.
• A thorough understanding of MySQL with the ability to write and optimise high performance queries, and work with large data sets. We're not interested in someone who has to rely on PHPMyAdmin and can't write SQL by hand.
• Ability to conform to coding standards (we use PSR1/2) and participate in code reviews
• A good understanding of application security.
• Knowledge and understanding of the core design patterns.
• Experience and understanding of general testing, fault finding and unit testing (especially using PHPUnit and Selenium). An extra bonus would be having experience of testing legacy code that does not implement dependency injection.
• Ability to effectively manage time and deal with other teams, and potentially customers from time to time (not all devs have this!)
• Experience with an ORM is highly desirable, particularly Doctrine.
• Some understanding of JQuery, SASS and responsive web frameworks such as Bootstrap, Zurb Foundation would be useful.
• It would be beneficial to have experience working with legacy code, and be able to contemplate optimal methods of refactoring a large application that can not suffer down time.
• Experience with XML, SOAP, JSON and RESTful services.
• An understanding and experience of the issues of scalability and high performance services.
• Ability to write and maintain effective system documentation.
• A good understanding of Linux, basic bash skills, experience of maintaining a Linux based system and installing a LAMP stack.
• The ability to researching, design and writing new software solutions.
• Mentor more junior developers.
If you believe that you have the right skills/experience for this role please waste no time and apply immediately.