Pit Technician (10052) Perth, Australia
|Salary:||AUD650 - AUD700 per day + + Superannuation|
Zenith Mining is currently working with a large tier-I miner and they are looking for a Pit/Field Technician who will provide field support to the RCGC programs with work scope to continue towards the long-term expansion of their Lithium Assets in the Goldfields region,
The position will be in collaboration with all Geology teams onsite offering a highly autonomous role with room to grow and develop. This varied role is an exciting opportunity for a skilled technician who can apply with depth their technical skills.
This position is currently offered on a FIFO ex Perth to Kalgoorlie on an 8:6 roster with access to facilities and camp accommodation, as well as Frequent Flyer miles on all eligible flights.
About the role
- Collect geological samples from suitable sites, in either the field or open pit environment as directed, mark samples, note locations and dispatch to laboratory as appropriate
- Collect drilling samples as directed, split as required and dispatch to laboratory
- Complete marking up of core, geotechnical logging, and specific gravity determinations
- Monitor field equipment and vehicles and arrange servicing or repairs as required
- Complete site rehabilitation duties, including supervision of contractors, filling in sumps, ripping compacted areas, and collar cutting and plugging.
- Ensure that all equipment is stored securely and maintained in good condition.
- Develop and maintain a safe and healthy working environment for all personnel through identification, correction and reporting of hazards, and implementation of safe work systems.
- Encourage, participate and assist to implement continuous improvement in all work-related activities.
- Working knowledge of Logchief, Imago, Excel, and aQuire
The RCGC Team is currently comprised of Zenith Contractors, the role is offered on an ongoing basis and the program has been operating for almost a year now.
Our contractors are paid at a daily rate plus 11% Superannuation, we payroll weekly and manage timesheets through an electronic portal that is accessible to both contractors and clients.
At present, our team of technicians averages a monthly gross of $12,000 - $13,000 per month and in some cases even higher than that dependent on swing extensions.
- Experience working in exploration, underground or open pit mining operations is highly desirable but not essential
- Ability to work outside, in all weather conditions, all year round, including the cold of winter to extreme heat in summer is essential
- Current manual drivers licence is essential
- Forklift licence essential
- Good data entry abilities and general confidence with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel)
- Reading and interpreting maps and photographs
- Previous experience using Logchief, or similar corelog softwares.
- Strong communication skills and a desire to work in an assistant oriented capacity
- High level of organisational and time management skills
- Be physically fit, with a positive can-do attitude.
Interested to progress? Submit your application today email firstname.lastname@example.org or call John at 0408 137 706 if you are available for an immediate start.
Zenith Search is an equal opportunity service provider, and we strongly encourage applications from female, Aboriginal, and Torres Strait Islanders, as well as candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds