National WHSE Manager | Construction industry (43563) Hills District, Australia
Location: Sydney (Head office in North West Sydney, construction sites Sydney wide)
Salary: $140-160k + Super + Car
Role Benefit: Leverage your exceptional relationships building and influencing skills to add value to a growing organisation within the construction industry. Take ownership of the safety strategy with full support from the company Managing Director.
This WHSE Manager will report directly to the Managing Director of the business and be the owner of the safety strategy. With 1 direct report assisting with administrative tasks this role will be hands on and across all the safety initiatives and priorities company wide. This company will have team members on various construction sites at any one time and so it is critical you can prioritise and work with multiple Project Managers and Construction teams concurrently. Your overall remit will be to create and support a culture of workplace health and safety and environmental compliance in all areas across the business.
There will never be a typical day in this role, it will be varied and continue to evolve, however some of the key responsibilities will include:
- National responsibility for the development, implementation and monitoring of the WHSE documentation, policies & procedures across Australia including adherence to Certifications held by the Company, its principal contractors and in all other jurisdictions in which the company operates.
- Education and training across the WHSE space (Nationally).
- Investigation and reporting of all safety and/or environmental incidences across Australia.
- General Strategy for Safety across Australia for all employees and other Labour Hire employees that are engaged.
- Conduct risk analysis, SWMS, Toolbox talks and ensure general compliance across all projects.
- Liaise with Principal contractors company representatives to ensure safety standards are being met
- Advise Senior Management of any incidents or occurrences immediately and take an active role in dealing with the incident.
- Conduct Alcohol and Other Drug Screening tests where required
To be successful in this position you will be qualified in the field of Safety and have exposure to working in a WHSE capacity within the Construction Industry. You will have exceptional time management skills, be a self-starter and be able to build strong relationships with stakeholders throughout the business. You will be deadline driven, have an ability to prioritise and multi task and problem solve on the run. You understand business and can provide commercial updates the rest of the leadership team identifying risks and opportunities as they arise. This is a rare opportunity to take ownership of the safety strategy and work closely with an impressive executive.
This market leader within the construction space are highly regarded within the industry and continue to experience year on year growth. This business invests in its team members and holds safety as a key priority in all it does. You will be well rewarded for your performance and as the company grows so too will this position.
- Market leading provider to the construction industry
- Competitive salary of$140K - $160k + Super + Car
- Work closely with the Senior Leadership team to drive the safety agenda
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the "apply" link below. The reference number for this role is JAWHS43563. All applicants will receive feedback from us, either via email or a telephone call.