HSE Advisor (8389) Western Suburbs Melbourne, Australia
|AUD55 - AUD65 per hour + plus super
- HSE Advisor opportunity & get home EVERY NIGHT!
- Mon-Fri role in Melbourne Metro area
- Interviewing NOW for an immediate start!
This successful and financially secure international business is fast becoming a prominent force in the civil infrastructure sector, having recently won a major project and in the box-seat to fill their order-book for the coming years. They are a business built on reliable and successful delivery of projects and are aiming to build that reputation further by assembling a strong project team for this package of work.
We are searching for an HSE Advisor with major civil infrastructure project experience, specifically delivery of in-ground services such as piping, cabling etc. You will be responsible for monitoring safety on site; conducting VOCs, Traffic Management; and ensuring the highest safety standards are met on site.
Your first project with the team will be working on a project in Melbourne’s western suburbs, this will stretch into early 2023 at which stage you will potentially mobilise on to other metro-based projects meaning you will be home every night!
Working in this environment, you will achieve success through regular consultation and building strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, including regulatory authorities, while driving all aspects of best practice HSE compliance delivery.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Ensuring compliance with Client and internal HSE policies and procedures
- Conducting Traffic Management activities including planning
- Management of hazards associated with excavation, trenching, mobile plant, services installation.
- Engagement with staff, monitoring and assisting onsite activities to ensure safe delivery
- Undertaking Safety Audits as, preparing reports and taking further action as required
- Providing training, coaching and development activities as required to support compliance
- Development and delivery of Safety and Toolbox meetings
- Providing sound technical advice and sundry expertise on all HSE matters
- Liaison with external stakeholders, including Client and regulatory authority representatives
- A personable attitude and ability to adapt to change, adopt and implement new ideas
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and balance competing demands, ensuring all requirements are met
- Strong communication, literacy, numeracy and teamwork skills
- 2-5 + years’ experience working for a contractor in civil construction, earthworks, services installation or closely related environment
- IDEALLY RECENT TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE on VicRoads or MRPV PROJECTS
- Formal safety qualifications, minimum Certificate IV level ideally
- Knowledge of safety platforms and software systems
- Proven ability to form effective working relationships at all organisational levels
An immediate start with a respected civil contractor, initially in a contract role with potential for permanancy. You will benefit from working with one of Australia’s most respected Civil Contractors on major infrastructure projects.
All communication and your resume is treated strictly confidential and will be kept completely private until we have discussed the role and you are comfortable to move forward with the opportunity.
To find out more details on this position or any other opportunities in the construction industry please call Joe on 0402 967 274
Please submit your resume in Word Document form.
Note: only successful candidates will be shortlisted and contacted.