NERC Compliance Analyst (J4KNERC0813#6) Ohio, USA
Our client is seeking a NERC Compliance Analyst to support their Asset Management team responsible for the company’s growing electrical transmission business. This position serves as an administrator and coordinator for regulatory compliance affairs. The Compliance Analyst supports compliance across the organization and manages all documentation related to regulatory policies and procedures. The Compliance Analyst primarily reports to the Director Transmission Reliability Compliance; however, the Compliance Analyst may be asked to support other business units including engineering, maintenance, operations, planning, legal, finance, and more.
- Control and manage regulatory, transmission policies and procedures including reports and work logs used for compliance evidence.
- Assist regulatory compliance department with periodic reporting requirements to FERC, NERC and Regional Electric Reliability Organizations.
- Maintain knowledge of Regional Operating Guides, Protocols, NERC Reliability Standards and other applicable regulatory rules as needed.
- Maintain regulatory compliance procedures and related documentation.
- Manage regulatory compliance procedure updates and departmental reviews as requested.
- Provide logistical support of internal, external and mock audits.
- Assist in the development of training materials in various aspects of the compliance program.
- Assist regulatory compliance staff in preparing filings, policies, procedures and other documentation in support of the compliance functions.
- Support various compliance program meetings by developing meeting agendas and minutes.
- Administer and maintain compliance monitoring and tracking software.
- Monitor costs associated with compliance and support compliance budget development and updates.
- Type and proofread memos, letters, reports, contracts, specifications, procedures, policies, and related items.
Minimum Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Computer Science, Business, or other relevant degree preferred
- 0-5 years of experience, preferably in the electric utility, consulting, or contracting industry.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Project
- Be able to work within the requirements of a regulated utility
- Effectively manage multiple assignments occasionally under time constraints
- Collaborate effectively with a diverse team
- Solutions focused team player
- Work independently with direction on a regular basis
- Ability to learn new software as necessary
- Occasional travel may be required, approximately 10%
MUST be authorized to work in the United States
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 29 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.