WHS Manager (2459063) Hobart, Australia
WHS Manager role in a large not for profit organisation with state-wide presence.
Your new company
Our client is a not for profit organisation with staff located across Tasmania providing a broad range of services in the community.
Your new role
Based in the Hobart CBD, this is a permanent full-time position, which works across the whole organisation to ensure staff and clients are safe and well. As the WHS Manager, you’ll be responsible for implementing contemporary WHS practices across all areas of the organisation.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to support a proactive WHS culture.
- Develop and maintain strong internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Responsible for the implementation of the WHS strategy and building a positive culture of accountability for continuous improvement in WHS matters, in consultation with organisation leaders.
- Provide specialist WHS support to all internal stakeholders including employees, contractors, clients and visitors.
- Develop, guide and coach Managers to ensure a high level of WHS support is provided.
- Oversee injury management processes including claims for compensation, return to work plans, rehabilitation needs and proactive correspondence to internal and external parties.
- Develop and Deliver WHS training programs as required (State-wide).
What you'll need to succeed
Passionate about providing a safe place to work, you’ll have a demonstrated ability of implementing WHS strategies and systems. You will have relevant WHS tertiary qualifications and clearly demonstrated experience to work at the WHS Manager level position. You will have demonstrated experience managing and leading a WHS team and ideally have community sector experience.
You’ll also be prepared to undergo a national police check, hold a current driver’s licence, and be prepared to obtain a WWVP card prior to commencement.
What you'll get in return
You’ll receive an attractive salary, salary packaging and the opportunity to lead and drive a positive safety culture in a multifaceted not for profit organisation.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this position please contact Cameron Scott at hays via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 6234 9554
SA Licence number : LHS 297508