Location: Woking, England
Salary: GBP25000 - GBP25000 per annum
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Accountant to join an exciting company based in Woking on a 1 year contract – maternity cover. You will be a key player in the delivery of the UK internal reporting by ensuring that the UK’s accounting processes, controls and records are adhered to, they will support the UK Finance Manager in ensuring that the Finance team provide an efficient and effective service.
- To maintain ledgers for UK companies by preparing daily, weekly and month end accounting adjustments to ensure accurate information is reported in the accounting system (Navision)
- Daily bank reconciliations
- Own a number of technical balance sheet accounts, applying consistent and effective methodology across all UK entities, and becoming a subject matter expert in those fields
- Gather and analyse information for inclusion in the UK’s reporting
- Assist in the production of monthly reports for management in respect of the P&L by providing clear and articulate variance analysis on your areas of responsibility
- To provide ad hoc support to the business partnering team
- For areas for which accountable, ensure that financial controls and processes are developed, documented and maintained
- Identify financial control and process improvements, and implement changes to strengthen the control environment and increase the efficiency of the team
- Embrace change agenda – be an enthusiastic advocate of change
- Assist in identifying operational and technical problems and to make suggestions regarding amendments to working practices and policies
- Would suit someone looking to study for a qualification, AAT or equivalent
- Experience of working in a finance function
- Enthusiastic and adaptable working style, keen to identify opportunities for improvements and personal growth
- Good Excel and IT skills, with experience of Navision preferable
- Strong intellect combined with attention to detail, well organised, process driven and delivery focussed
- The ability to work well under pressure and a proven ability to manage and meet conflicting deadlines
- Adaptable and keen to learn
- Straightforward, open personality and an enthusiastic, positive attitude
Please check the job details, then fill in your details below and click "Submit now".
* Indicates a required field.