Manpower UK areÂ currently recruiting on behalf of our client who are one of theÂ country's largest independent suppliers of office products. The role available is an engineering apprenticeship in our clientsÂ Edinburgh workshop. Full training will be given to service, customise, commission and refurbish multi-functional printer/ copier/ scanning devices.
No previous experience of digital office equipment is required, but you should have a keen interest in electronics/electro mechanics, and the ability to interpret colour output from a black to colour printer/photocopier.Â Â
Our clientsÂ suppliers are world-class manufacturers: Ricoh, Canon, Konica andÂ Minolta.Â Â This has only served to strengthen our position as Scotlandâ€™s leading independent digital office equipment supplier.
The apprenticeship positions will be geared towards achieving an SVQ Level 3 in Engineering Maintenance (Electronics). Attending day release at a local technical college will be required.
Career progression beyond gaining the SVQ, could lead to opportunities, as they arise, as follows:Â Â field engineer,Â help desk engineer, IT software support/ solutions engineer or a career path in Professional Service or Sales. Â Equally, you may develop to become a senior member ofÂ the Workshop team.Â The Service managers and section leaders have generally started out as junior or trainee engineers.
Main benefits/ conditions
- Progressive basic salary as you complete training levels
- 37.5-hour week, Monday to Friday
- Generous 33 daysâ€™ holiday (increasing to 36 days after 2 yearsâ€™ service and 38 days after 5 years), including public holidays
- Auto enrolment into the company pension scheme after 3 months
- Minimum of 3% personal pension contribution will be matched by a maximum 3% company contribution
- Health & Safety and environmental training
- Clothing and safety equipment provided
- Employee Assistance Programme
Interested? Please apply with your CV in the first instance.