Biosciences Manager (37416) Macquarie Park, Sydney, Australia
- Lead a team of biological research scientists
- Leverage your biosciences expertise to bring innovative thinking to new product concepts
- Join a company who strive to be a global leader in infection prevention
About the company
Nanosonics are an Australian, ASX-listed, medical device company, that develop innovative solutions focused on preventing the transmission of potentially life-altering infections.
They transform the way infection-prevention practices are understood and conducted and introduce innovative technologies that deliver improved standards of care.
Nanosonics are headquartered in Sydney, Australia, and have a global reach.
About the opportunity
The Biosciences Manager will lead the Bioscience Department in the areas of bioscience research and development, medical device validation testing, and bioscience testing services.
The role will have oversight of the Nanosonics’ Biosciences - lab personnel, facilities, and processes.
Location: Sydney HQ, Australia
- Development and application of biological techniques including microbiology and biochemistry to the company’s projects
- Bring innovative thinking to new product concepts by leveraging their bioscience expertise and effectively collaborating with other departments
- Develop a culture of innovation and creativity, with a proactive approach to identifying and solving technical problems
- Develop and maintain relationships with external experts in strategic technical areas
- Develop the skills and capabilities of the Bioscience team through leadership and training
Skills and Experience
- A postgraduate research qualification; a Masters or PhD in Microbiology, or cell or molecular biology
- An established reputation and proven record within the biosciences field
- Minimum of 10 years management experience; ideally with an R&D team
- Proven leadership qualities and the ability to train, mentor, and develop staff
- Ability to work within and foster a collaborative and innovative team environment
- Advanced communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
*** This is role is open to local both local and overseas candidates who meet the requirements of the position and have working rights for Australia ***
How to Apply
Click apply or contact Joanna Murphy, Specialist Manager on +61 2 8877 8718 for a confidential discussion.