DevOps Engineer (BBBH2292) Derby, England
|Salary:||GBP40000 - GBP70000 per annum + Flexible Working, Career Progression|
Recann is currently recruiting a DevOps engineer for a leading client based in Derby.
The DevOps engineer role is the pillar of the development team, responsible not just for developing and designing highly resilient infrastructure but enabling the development team through use of tools and communication.
A proven ability to learn is essential in this evolving environment and experience in related technologies would be beneficial. This is a fast-paced role, and well suited for someone looking to get their hands involved in all aspects of cloud provisioning using the latest tech stack, as well as orchestration and configuration management.
- Design, build, maintain efficient, scalable and fault tolerant infrastructure
- Working with the development team to build, maintain and enable developers through CI/CD systems
- Troubleshoot and problem solve systems when and where necessary
- An automate everything mindset
- Reviewing change and release activity for service impact assessment
- Leveraging the latest cloud technologies to deliver solutions on time and in budget
- Manage deployment packaging, testing, and implementation of new features
- Analysing existing solution delivery process to identify opportunities for improvement
- Proactively communicate with members of the team, to get to know members of the team and keep on top of their progress to work collaboratively toward the project completion.
Skills & Requirements
- AWS: EC2, RDS, DynamoDB, R53, IAM, S3.
- Terraform to create infrastructure as code.
- Docker with an understanding of orchestrators such as Docker Swarm.
- Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins/Teamcity.
- Ability to script in one of the following; Bash, Powershell, Python.
- Web Server Technologies such as Nginx, Apache, IIS.
- Monitoring tools such as Datadog, Prometheus.
- Confident in troubleshooting issues in both Linux and Windows environments.
- Meticulous attention to detail in all aspects of work.
- Multiple year experience within the full business life cycle of software creation and deployment.
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Competitive salary of up to £65,000
- Generous holiday allowance
- Flexible working
- Occasional Remote Working
- Annual Salary Reviews
- Matched pension contribution which rises with Length of Service
- Life Assurance (3 x salary)
- Continuous Training and Development
If you would like to hear more about this role or similar roles get in touch with Recann today.