IT Support Engineer (BBBH2458) Darlington, England
|Salary:||GBP19000 - GBP37000 per annum|
IT Support Engineers
1st, 2nd & 3rd line roles available – £19k-£37k
Recann are currently looking for talented and experienced IT Support Engineers for an expanding organisation based near Darlington. This role is a great opportunity for an aspiring technical individual to join a busy and productive IT department. You will be providing support across 5 expanding sites in the UK.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing help desk support to users (by ticket and phone)
- Performing other IT tasks including server work, security and compliance actions
- Responding to monitoring system warnings and alerts
- Problem solving, research and diagnostic work to resolve complex issues
- Ensuring IT procedures are documented, keep IT records up to date and do asset management
- Being an integral part of meeting team objectives
- Communicating effectively with colleagues and stakeholders and know when to escalate
- This role is part of the “on call” support rota operated by IT for response to system alerts and urgent user support requests from time to time outside of normal working hours
- Opportunity to work on team and individual projects.
Minimum skills £19-£24k:
- Minimum 2 years of commercial experience providing IT support to business end-users OR a recent computing-related graduate / college leaver
- Excellent communication skills with ability to interact with colleagues at all levels
- Strong problem-solving and diagnostic skills.
Beneficial skills £25k-£37k:
- Experience of remotely supporting and diagnosing issues with mobile phones (mainly Android-based) and other field-based hardware
- Sound technical knowledge and experience of server operating systems and applications, primarily Linux servers (Ubuntu) but also Windows Server
- Intermediate or better SQL writing skills
- Script writing and task automation experience
- Knowledge of standards compliance, data protection and corporate/government security concerns, e.g. ISO 27001 and PCI DSS
Salary & Benefits Package:
Up to £37,000 depending on experience
22 days holiday which increases after years of service
Career development opportunities
If you would like to progress an application then please click apply without hesitation.
For further information about the opportunity then you can contact Recann on
0161 711 0791
If this position is not quite suitable then please visit the Recann’s website to view all the roles we currently have on offer.
Or why not give us a call to discuss your next career move?