Data Scientist (HO-DS1) London, England
|Salary:||GBP55000 - GBP65000 per annum + Excellent company benefits|
A new and exciting role has arrived at Metropolitan Gaming
As part of our innovation as the leading brand in luxury entertainment we are recruiting a data scientist to come and join the best team in London.
This is an opportunity for you to develop and build a rewarding but exciting career as we lead the way to continuous success and commitment to our employees and customers.
Doesn't this sound exciting? Keep on reading to find out more!
MAIN OBJECTIVES OF THE ROLE:
The Data Scientist will be responsible for analysing large data sets generated by casino operations to identify patterns, trends, and insights that can help improve the casino's performance. The successful candidate will have at least 2 years of experience in data science and be able to translate complex data into actionable insights.
- Support the Director of BI working with domain experts in building data structures and algorithms in support of Metropolitan Gaming’s machine learning goals.
- Analyse large data-sets to identify patterns and trends that can inform business decisions.
- Develop and maintain predictive models to forecast casino performance and customer behaviour.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including marketing, finance, and operations, to develop data-driven solutions to business problems.
- Design and conduct experiments to test hypotheses and validate model performance.
- Communicate insights and recommendations to stakeholders through reports, presentations, and other methods.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and developments in data analysis and machine learning.
- Collaborate with IT to optimise data storage and retrieval processes.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS:
- Excellent quantitative skills.
- Possess strong analytical, problem-solving, and judgement skills.
- Experience with statistical modelling techniques such as linear regression, classification, etc
- Demonstrate proficiency in one or more programming languages such as Python, R, etc along with Machine Learning programs.
- Be able to make decisions and work independently.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Critical attention to accuracy and interpretation of findings a must.
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, or a related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in data analysis and machine learning.
- Experience with data visualisation tools such as Tableau or Power BI.
- Experience with SQL, AZURE
- Experience in the gaming or casino industry is preferred, but not required.
Please Note: You must be aged 18 or over and have the right to work in the UK.