Sous Chef (MAN-SC1) Manchester, England
|Salary:||Excellent company benefits|
Are you ready to take your career to a whole new level?
We have a new and exciting opportunity at our James Martin restaurant based in our amazing central Manchester location.
Join our team today, this will be the career break you have been looking for. You will be able to learn and grow your skills from our leading and renowned Head Chef, Doug Crampton.
Doug has worked alongside James Martin to produce a menu which offers a mix of classic British cuisine; locally sourced, big on flavour and deliciously accessible, achieving many awards and recognition's for his talents.
Are you ready to join the 5* team?
What we offer:
- Development & opportunities
- Leading company benefits
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- On-site well-being champions
- 50% off employee discounts
- Unlimited free soft drinks
- Competitive salary
- Service charge & tips
You will be a support network and assist the Head Chef in the management and organisation of the kitchen and the team within our James Martin restaurant.
- In the absence of the Head Chef, to supervise kitchen operation to ensure that outgoing food is as specified and of a consistently high standard.
- Ensure that the requirements of Food & Hygiene and Health & Safety legislation are complied with.
- Prepare and produce food to the highest standard and specifications given by Senior Kitchen staff.
- Assist the Head Chef in the compilation and costing of menus.
- Continually review employee performance and provide direct feedback and coaching where required.
- Assist the Head Chef to ensure that Company accounting and control procedures are adhered to.
- Liaise closely with the Casino Managers and the FoH team.
- Ensure that all areas of the kitchen are always maintained to a high standard and ensure any maintenance requirements are reported and promptly actioned.
- Ensure the highest possible standards of customer service are developed and provided by courteous and technically competent staff.
- Lead by example in relation to displaying the four key behaviours of the Customer Service model.
- Regularly observe and review individual employees documenting such activity and providing appropriate feedback, coaching and support where required.
- Positively support company-wide customer service initiatives.
- Monitor and take fair and consistent action in relation to employee conduct, and performance issues.
- Ensure the highest possible standards of appearance, hygiene and personal grooming is always maintained by staff.
- Ensure individual staff needs are dealt with professionally and, when necessary, confidentially.
- Uphold and support the carrying out of the Clubs objectives.
- Create by example an environment which all staff will work as a team.
- Support by example the creation of an environment where all employees are encouraged to put forward ideas and views to management which positively influence the performance of the unit.
- Support two-way communication through effective contribution to management meetings and the holding of regular departmental meetings and Employee/Staff Forum meetings and events.
- Ensure that a good relationship is always upheld between other departments to ensure guest experience is optimised.
- Pro-active with the ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to motivate and train team members.
- High level of flexibility with the role and working hours.
- Qualification in Food Safety.
- Knowledge of the Club & Company Health & Safety and Hygiene procedures.
- Ability to implement new policies and procedures.
- Good communication skills with peers and superiors and other departments.
- Organised and methodical.
- Upbeat and positive attitude.
- Able to communicate in clear and concise English.
- Positive and upbeat attitude.
- A high level of personal integrity.
- A strong work ethic with a passion for exceeding expectations.
- Show respect and appreciation to all.
- Encourage and contribute toward a culture that supports everyone to be the best that they can be.
Please Note: You must be aged 18 or over and have the right to work in the UK.