Purchase Ledger Assistant (HO-PLA1) London, England
|Salary:||GBP32000 - GBP32000 per annum + Excellent company benefits|
Are you ready for a rewarding and exciting career with us?
Metropolitan Gaming is one of the leading brand in luxury and premium mass entertainment gaming sectors within the UK.
We have an exciting new opportunity at our corporate office as a purchase ledger assistant. This is your chance to build a rewarding and exciting career with us within one of the best working environments and corporate culture.
We believe in inspiring everyone to be the best they can be offering many development opportunities within our business. Not only do we offer great career development, we also offer many leading benefits:
- Growth opportunities
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company pension
- Extensive employee HUB offering discounts from travel, retail, hospitality to health and well-being
- Regular training and development
- Employee health and well-being services
- Refer a friend incentive (Paid into your employee hub account)
- 50% off food and drinks in all our UK venues
- Financial advice services
- Holiday accrual with length of service
So, are you ready to place your bets on a career with us?
MAIN OBJECTIVES OF ROLE:
Processing supplier invoices in line with company policies, ensuring only valid, approved invoices are released for payment.
- Coding and processing of purchase invoices.
- Reconciling supplier statements.
- Processing of Foreign Currency and extended period invoiced transactions.
- Assisting with the processing and maintenance of the Fixed Asset Register, asset transfers, disposals and additions and associated reporting.
- Review of transactions and reconciliations for errors. Raising and processing of journals to rectify these.
- Working with the Purchasing Department and other Departments in Head Office or the Venues to ensure purchase orders are correctly coded and promptly matched to invoices in the procurement system and assisting Club Administrators with queries.
- Other duties as required to assist the Accounts and Treasury teams.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS:
- Basic understanding of bookkeeping and accountancy.
- A good eye for detail and accuracy.
- Good technical skills, including proficiency in Excel and previous experience with an accounts package, and able to learn to use other packages and IT systems.
- Highly numerate and appreciative of the importance of accurate and reliable data in the context of company decision making processes.
- A dedicated, hard-working and flexible approach.
- Good, professional communication skills (both written and oral) supported by tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work unsupervised and use initiative.
- Willingness to adapt to the needs of the business and embrace new technology, where appropriate.
Please Note: You must be aged 18 or over and have the right to work in the UK.