Food & Beverage Manager (GLA-FBM1) Glasgow, Scotland
|Salary:||GBP34965 - GBP34965 per annum + Excellent company benefits|
Are you ready to join the winning team?
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join Metropolitan Gaming, one of the fastest growing casino businesses in the UK, join us on our mission as we define our position as a leading brand in the luxury and premium mass entertainment gaming sectors.
We are recruiting for a Food & Beverage Manager to join our fantastic team at our Alea Casino in Glasgow.
We offer fantastic employee benefits; Below is a taster of what we offer:
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company pension
- Extensive employee HUB offering discounts from travel, retail, hospitality to health and well-being
- Regular training and development
- Employee health and well-being services
- 50% off food and drinks in all our UK venues
- Financial advice services
- Holiday accrual with length of service
Enhanced salary when working nights.
So, are you ready to make the best career decision?
Keep on reading to find out more!
What the role entails:
To ensure the efficient and smooth operation of all F&B departments optimising the highest standards of product and service whilst maximising profitability.
Responsible for ensuring that all F&B areas are appropriately staffed, with working equipment to ensure the proper operational execution is achieved by all departments that are associated with events, entertainment, and group bookings.
- Responsible for ensuring that F&B departments and personnel are operating in such a manner as to maximise revenues, profitability, and service standards.
- To ensure the security of revenues and company stocks through a stock control system.
- Ability to read and understand the P&L accounts and work within set financial budgets for multiple profit centres.
- Responsible for analysing and controlling the operational costs and revenue streams of all F&B departments to optimise profitability.
Responsible for all aspects of the operational execution, in areas as defined by senior management, of all F&B departments and associated entertainment and events activities. With regards to but not exclusively:
- Supervise and organise all F&B employees, facilities, equipment, and raw materials to ensure the highest standards of product preparation, presentation and service are achieved.
- Ensure that all F&B staff have the training, equipment, facilities, and raw materials to properly complete their duties.
- To ensure staff always give outstanding customer service.
- Make recommendations to senior management on all aspects of the F&B functions within the club that could improve the customer experience.
- Assist, as directed by senior management, with the selection, recruitment, probationary period, training, appraisal, motivation, coaching of F&B staff.
- Strictly comply and ensure all F&B staff comply with all accounting, stock control and financial procedures as required by the company to safeguard stocks, monies, and facilities.
- To strictly ensure all F&B staff comply with all current legislation and company procedures. For example, but not exclusively, in such areas as employment, licensing, hygiene, health and safety and gaming.
- Foster outstanding co-ordination and communication with all departments throughout the club to ensure customer experience is optimised.
- Develop, innovate, and deliver product mix through building relationships with external suppliers.
- Champion a training culture within the F&B teams.
- Liaise with sales, events, and marketing to ensure all event/booking information is effectively communicated to all F&B departments.
- Establish and maintain a positive and effective working environment for all staff.
- Thorough knowledge of service standards relating to all aspects of the service of food, wines, alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, and beverages.
- Thorough knowledge of F&B accounting and stock control processes.
- Very comfortable when communicating with guests and fellow employees both verbally and in writing.
- Very numbers conscious, numerate and computer literate of all main business programs including email, Internet, and Microsoft Office programmes.
- Organisational skills, attention to detail and ability to lead a large team.
- Positive and upbeat attitude.
- A high level of personal integrity.
- A strong work ethic with a passion for exceeding expectations.
- Show respect and appreciation to all.
- Encourage and contribute toward a culture that supports everyone to be the best that they can be.
- Trained in how to train staff members.
- NVQ Level 3 required and Diploma/Degree preferred.
- Personal Licence Holder.
Please Note: You must be aged 18 or over and have the right to work in the UK to apply.