Restaurant Manager - James Martin (MAN-JMR) Manchester, England
|Salary:||GBP31297.8 - GBP31297.8 per annum + Excellent company benefits|
We have an exciting new opportunity at our James Martin Restaurant.
Do you have a passion for fine dining and hospitality?
Are you ready to join a reputable fine dining establishment in the heart of Manchester?
We are recruiting for a Food & Beverage Manager to join our fantastic team who can continue to lead our team to greatness. This is your chance to join a leading brand in fine dining and cuisine and really make an impact on your new career adventure with us!
We offer lucrative employee benefits; Below is a taster of what we offer:
- Learning & development
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company pension
- Extensive employee HUB offering discounts from travel, retail, hospitality to health and well-being
- Regular training and development
- Employee health and well-being services
- Refer a friend incentive (Paid into your employee hub account)
- 50% off food and drinks in all our UK venues
- Financial advice services
- Holiday accrual with length of service
So, are you ready to make the best career decision? Well keep on reading then!
What the role entails:
To ensure the efficient and smooth operation of all F&B departments optimising the highest standards of product and service whilst maximising profitability.
Responsible for ensuring that all F&B areas are appropriately staffed, with working equipment to ensure the proper operational execution is achieved by all departments that are associated with events, entertainment, and group bookings.
- Responsible for ensuring that F&B departments and personnel are operating in such a manner as to maximise revenues, profitability, and service standards.
- To ensure the security of revenues and company stocks through a stock control system.
- Ability to read and understand the P&L accounts and work within set financial budgets for multiple profit centres.
- Responsible for analysing and controlling the operational costs and revenue streams of all F&B departments to optimise profitability.
Responsible for all aspects of the operational execution, in areas as defined by senior management, of all F&B departments and associated entertainment and events activities. With regards to but not exclusively:
- Supervise and organise all F&B employees, facilities, equipment, and raw materials to ensure the highest standards of product preparation, presentation and service are achieved.
- Ensure that all F&B staff have the training, equipment, facilities, and raw materials to properly complete their duties.
- To ensure staff always give outstanding customer service.
- Make recommendations to senior management on all aspects of the F&B functions within the club that could improve the customer experience.
- Assist, as directed by senior management, with the selection, recruitment, probationary period, training, appraisal, motivation, coaching of F&B staff.
- Strictly comply and ensure all F&B staff comply with all accounting, stock control and financial procedures as required by the company to safeguard stocks, monies, and facilities.
- To strictly ensure all F&B staff comply with all current legislation and company procedures. For example, but not exclusively, in such areas as employment, licensing, hygiene, health and safety and gaming.
- Foster outstanding co-ordination and communication with all departments throughout the club to ensure customer experience is optimised.
- Develop, innovate, and deliver product mix through building relationships with external suppliers.
- Champion a training culture within the F&B teams.
- Liaise with sales, events, and marketing to ensure all event/booking information is effectively communicated to all F&B departments.
- Establish and maintain a positive and effective working environment for all staff.
- Thorough knowledge of service standards relating to all aspects of the service of food, wines, alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, and beverages.
- Thorough knowledge of F&B accounting and stock control processes.
- Very comfortable when communicating with guests and fellow employees both verbally and in writing.
- Very numbers conscious, numerate and computer literate of all main business programs including email, Internet, and Microsoft Office programmes.
- Organisational skills, attention to detail and ability to lead a large team.
- Positive and upbeat attitude.
- A high level of personal integrity.
- A strong work ethic with a passion for exceeding expectations.
- Show respect and appreciation to all.
- Encourage and contribute toward a culture that supports everyone to be the best that they can be.
- Trained in how to train staff members.
- NVQ Level 3 required and Diploma/Degree preferred.
- Personal Licence Holder.
Please Note: You must be aged 18 or over and have the right to work in the UK.