OCS/SCADA Lead Engineer (09/11/2023) Dubai, United Arab Emirates
We are looking for an OCS/SCADA Lead Engineer for one of our clients with the following details:
Location : Dubai, UAE
Duration : 12 months ( with possibility of Direct employment after 12 months )
Work Status : Resident, Single
The OCS/SCADA Lead Software Engineer will be part of the OCS Team based in Dubai. He/She will report to the OCS Platform leader and work in close cooperation with Software & System Engineers, OCS Project Design Authority, and OCS Work Package Manager.
He/She will perform OCS/SCADA Software development activities in order to gain acceptance of the delivered OCS Software. The job holder will be required to perform a hands-on role, taking part of all OCS Software development for the data base and HMI. He/She is expected to do meaningful, balanced, weighted and explainable trade-offs between requirements during all the development steps of a solution/product keeping consistency of the solution/product against the customer requirements.
Roles & Responsibilities
Main responsibilities include:
- To provide technical expertise and leadership to support the OCS/SCADA deliveries of project for which the OCS/SCADA Software engineer has responsibility.
- To ensure compliance with commitments (cost, schedule), functional & non-functional requirements.
- To support IVVQ activities as necessary.
- Provide technical expertise on project activities based on job holder’s skill set to deliver in terms of budget, quality and schedule (including input to design, cost estimation, code and test activities).
- Provide expertise and guidance to the software development team
- Documents, procedures, working practices and tools to be used on platform
- Escalate any major issues / risks.
- Provide support to Integration and Test teams.
- Participate in the functional design specifications, production of high level system architectural designs and production of interface designs.
- Co-ordinates product definition, and the assessment of trade-offs between aspects of cost, schedule, Make-Team-Buy (MTB), customer requirements, technological possibilities and capability of software team.
- Develop the OCS/SCADA software and verifies consistency and architecture styles and principles.
- Identifies modelling, simulation and prototyping opportunities.
- Provides knowledge on state-of-the art SCADA architecture, taking account of future developments across product suppliers both internal and external e.g. SCADAsoft and Wonder ware.
- Provide expertise to the technical, technological, and methodological choices taken in respect of the selected SCADA architecture
- Provide support to the Solution Team (System Engineering, Integration and Verification & Validation teams) and other teams when requested.
- Ensure all OCS configuration and Change Management processes are followed.
- Ensure the completion of project Milestones.
- Prepare transition between France/Italy & Dubai software teams (competencies & development platform).
- Participate in the continuous improvement of the development team and platform
- Proven experience of designing/developing SCADA based software solutions.
- Can develop a software design through a defined Engineering/Quality process to meet project needs
- Proven experience in working within multi-disciplinary teams to design and estimate technical software solutions
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
- Effective personal organization and an ability to remain composed and focused under pressure
- Has a sound ability in the use of software design tools to manage software designs
- Experience of configuration control processes
- Experience of requirements tracing from design through to development and test
- Knowledge and experience of two items from each of the following categories:
- Service Oriented Architectures (SOA)
- Interfacing to legacy systems
- Rational Unified Process
- Visual Studio
- Code editors e.g. vi
Programming and Markup Languages
- C, C++ & C#, ASP.NET
- CSS, HTML
- Shell Scripting
- Web Services
- Subversion (SVN)
- CVS / RCS
- Clear Case
Knowledge and experience of some items from each of the following categories:
Relational and Hierarchical Databases
- SQL Server
Real Time COTS Products
- Wonderware , InTouch, ArchestrA
- PLC (Programmable Logic Controller)
- RTU (Receiver Transmitter Unit)
Continuous integration/automated Test Tools
- Test Center
- JBoss Application Server
- Enterprise Service Bus
- Ability to work within multidisciplinary teams under pressure
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels to clients, peers, developers.
- Self-motivated, innovative and willing to exercise initiative.
- Will have demonstrated a high degree of technical expertise, problem solving skills, innovation and commitment.
- Customer-focused, acting as an ambassador with the client.
- Able to overcome barriers and make things happen
- Team member working to team goals
- Experience in software lifecycles, system engineering, formal testing, and verification & validation
- Experience in Configuration Management and Change Control
- Good understanding of current trends in software engineering development techniques and technologies
- Ability to put skills and project based experience of the above listed areas into practice unaided whilst providing support to less experienced colleagues
- A strong record of on-budget, on-time delivery
- Experience in Requirements Management, Risk Management, Estimating, Peer Reviews
- Experience in managing and driving continuous improvement processes
- Proven experience in working within multi-disciplinary teams to design and estimate technical solutions
- Can use metrics as part of Quality Assurance & control to change and re-model a software design process
- Has a knowledge of Engineering Safety Management
- Experience of requirements management tools (e.g. DOORS)
Qualification, Certification & Educational Requirements
- Degree in software engineering or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of Software development experience.
- Virtual environment experience/exposure-Highly desired.
- Understanding of configuration management tools and continuous build environment
- Strong Knowledge on System Development Life Cycle.
- Strong leadership
- Take care of your own safety and the safety of others as far as practicable.
- To be aware of, and play an active role in the achievement of HSE policy & objectives.
- Comply with local HSE laws and legislation.
- To use safety equipment (including PPE) as required and intended.
- Lead by example and actively encourage departments to look at ways to conserve water & energy, minimize the generation of waste, and encourage recycling.
- Every one within has the right to stop work if they believe that their activities may affect their health and safety or that of others. In this circumstance, such conditions must be reported immediately to their line manager and the HSE department.
If Interested Kindly apply.