Software Asset Manager/Analyst (JO-2303-331883) London, England
|Salary:||GBP500 - GBP600 per day + Outside IR35|
We require an End User Computing Device* Software Asset Manager/Analyst for a 1-2 month fixed term contract that will be responsible for evaluating and reviewing multiple licence types and software licensing applications, supportingsoftware compliance audits and putting forward recommendations for the improvement of our Software Asset Management processes and tooling. This is a remote position.
The software and applications in question are primarily across our 50% Windows and 50% Chromebook estate, covering both traditional ‘on-premise’ and perpetual licences and SaaS Subscription licences.
Duties & Responsibilities:
These can be split into two distinct areas:
Management & Direction:
● Investigating and providing insight and recommendations into a potential new Software Asset Management tool
● Providing Software Asset Management guidance and direction on the future approach and resourcing requirements
● Provide insight and recommendations on the automation of software licences for the onboarding and off-boarding of employees
● Provide advice, guidance, and expertise with regards to any divestments and acquisitions
General & Run
● Working closely with Service Desk, IT Operations teams’, Asset Management and Procurement to ensure
appropriate software licences are available across all systems, adhering to Cyber Essentials Requirements
● Monitoring and identifying compliance risks of software licences
● Responsible for Software Asset Management licence maintenance activities, from data collection to licensing
reviews and discussions with 3rd parties.
● Identify opportunities for cost savings - in particular around underutilised licences.
● Coordinating software and licence reclamation activities
● Collecting information in response to software verification requests
● Lead software audit activities
● Answers software licence related questions pertaining to number of installations, purchases and provide licensing
knowledge and advisory services.
● Working with operational teams to ensure that all ‘in-scope’ devices are reporting into the relevant tooling and
Retirements are also processed in a timely manner.
Key skills & Experience:
● Experience in software asset life-cycle management, process improvement and compliance
● Strong understanding of both traditional ‘on-premise’ and ‘SaaS’ licensing/subscription models and the nuances
between them for some applications.
● Working knowledge of the fundamental concepts and procedures used in a purchasing and software asset
● Working knowledge of software licensing and understanding of contract language
● Working knowledge of reconciling software licensing and software maintenance terms and conditions between
procured rights and quantities with compliant deployment of software assets.
● Working knowledge of the procurement life-cycle and best practices
● Strong problem-solving with excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Strong data analysis and manipulation skills using tools such as Google Sheets
● Working knowledge of current IT technologies and full understanding of industry practices
● Proven experience and ability to calculate vendor licensing models
● Self-motivated, tenacious with ability to work independently
● Ability to manage time and workload effectively which includes planning, organising, and prioritising with attentionto detail
● Familiarity of licencing models for tools provided by suppliers such as; Atlassian, Salesforce.com, Adobe,
Autodesk, Lucid, Slack etc as well as Microsoft Office/0365
● Experience with Software Asset Management tools, such as: SNOW, Zluri and Flexera. Endpoint Central and
● Understanding of MS Office Licencing on AWS AppStream environments.