Venture Control Accountant (JO017080) Doha, Qatar
One of our top Clients in the O&G Industry is looking for a Venture Control Accountant with the following details:
Location: Doha Office, QATAR
Status: Direct Hire
Start date: Asap / Urgent
Mob / Demob Ticket: Provided
Medical Insurance: Provided
Living Allowance: Provided
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Commerce.
- Studying towards professional qualification.
Knowledge and/or Experience - I
- 5 years’ work experience in oil and gas and 3 years of experience in a Financial Accounting role.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting systems.
- Knowledge of financial recording and reporting tools
Technical and Business Skills - I
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
- Computer literacy, including working knowledge of business software programmers and SAP.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal/external clients
Key Job Accountabilities -
- Perform the required accounting for all product revenues. Ensure month end accruals are accurate by reconciling to monthly delivered quantities and actual invoices are posted based on payment statements. Maintain a reconciliation of volumes and revenue.
- Complete the accounting of the monthly inventory valuation. Review and question depreciation/royalty/opex rates used in the calculation. Coordinate with Specialists to ensure in transit volumes reconcile to SOS. Produce the inventory schedule for LER.
- Contribute to the preparation of the preliminary and final sales summary reports.
- Work with the Specialist by interfacing LNG revenue invoices from EC to SAP ensuring control checks are in place and follow up on late invoice submissions.
- Produce specific schedules for the monthly shareholder pack validating the information regarding approved values and forecast with project accounting team. Assist other team members to complete the monthly reporting activities.
- Contribute to the preparation of Annual Financial Statements.
Key Job Accountabilities - II
- Focal point for information collation for both internal and external audits. Perform self-assessments on section specific tasks in preparation for internal audit.
- Contribute to the preparation of statistical returns and any other ad hoc analysis and reporting as required.
- Maintain section SharePoint site.
- Ensure a strong understanding of the compliance framework including standards of internal controls, addressing control gaps and recommending process changes. Ensure an effective control environment is applied including application of TOFA.
Interested Candidate, kindly apply.