Telecom Engineer (JO014444) Doha, Qatar
Our client, world's largest liquefied natural gas company, is urgently looking for a “Telecoms Engineer” willing to work under the following conditions for an upcoming project:
Terms and Condition
Work Location: Ras Laffan, Qatar
Status: Direct Hire
Duration: 1yr contract with extension
Start date: Feb 2023
Projects: until 2030
Mobilization/Demobilization tickets: Provided
Leave tickets: Provided
International Medical, dental, and vision insurance: Provided
Visa and Work permit Provided
Furniture Allowance: Provided
School Allowance: Provided
Fixed Monthly Logistic Allowance while Qatar : Provided
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Technology, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Information Systems, or other relevant discipline.
- 5 years of IT experience (ideally within Oil & Gas industry).
- Competent knowledge in core skill applications, tools, and techniques.
- Conversant with relevant IT national and international standards.
- Demonstrated experience in project management.
- Demonstrated experience in IT support environment.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
- Specialized technical expertise and broader IT knowledge.
- Compliance to risk, security, and continuity management principles.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Ensures agreed operational procedures associated with operating and controlling the installed (or virtual) Telecommunication system hardware and software are followed. This may include configuration and maintenance of multiple Telecommunication system hardware or software platforms. Implements maintenance routines, utilizing the appropriate tools and test equipment. Uses standard procedures and tools to carry out defined system backups, restoring data where necessary.
- Supports use of Telecommunication infrastructure management tools to collect and report on load and performance data and statistics. Carries out required monitoring, logging, and reporting tasks.
- Supports use of Telecommunication infrastructure management tools and test equipment to automate the provisioning, testing and deployment of new and changed Telecommunication system infrastructure. Facilitates and oversees installation, removal, upgrading and repair of equipment.
- Identifies Telecommunication system operational problems and contributes to their resolution. Investigates, diagnoses, and resolves low impact operational problems following incident management procedures, within service level agreement tolerances, referring to users, other staff, and suppliers, as necessary. Takes action on known Telecommunication system errors and documented workarounds, logging such actions and advising supervisor or specialists when management or specialist attention is required.
- Installs or removes Telecommunication system hardware and/or software, using supplied installation instructions and tools; follows agreed standards, including those for Low voltage electrical work. Agrees the timing of the work with those affected, e.g., users, operations management, including, where appropriate, hand-over to client.
- Conducts tests of the Telecommunication system hardware and/or software affected using supplied test procedures and diagnostic tools. Helps to resolve problems and faults, and corrects malfunctions, calling on help from more experienced colleagues if required. Documents results in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Applies standard user/system interfaces, including reports, validation and error correction procedures, processing rules, access, security and audit controls, recovery routines and contingency procedures.
- Assists in producing simple Telecom infrastructure (hardware and related software) designs and specifications, complying with known standards and good practices.
Interested Candidate, Kindly Apply