Head of Telecoms (JO017777) Doha, Qatar
Our client, world's largest liquefied natural gas company, is urgently looking for a “Head of Telecoms ” willing to work under the following conditions for an upcoming project:
Terms and Condition
Work Location: Ras Laffan, Qatar
Status: Direct Hire
Duration: 1yr contract with extension
Start date: Feb 2023
Projects: until 2030
Mobilization/Demobilization tickets: Provided
Leave tickets: Provided
International Medical, dental, and vision insurance: Provided
Visa and Work permit Provided
Furniture Allowance: Provided
School Allowance: Provided
Fixed Monthly Logistic Allowance while Qatar : Provided
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or other relevant discipline
- 10 years’ Telecommunications experience ideally within the oil/gas industry.
- Possess competence in accordance with global IT competency and development framework.
- Conversant with relevant IT national and international standards and has a broad understanding of all aspects of IT and a deep understanding of own specialty(ies).
- Experienced in project, program and IT risk management.
- Proven track records of managing a portfolio of IT (Telecom) projects including complex, multiple vendor projects and services within international settings.
- Fluent in English language (demonstrated verbal & written skills)
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to communicate to all levels. Demonstrated skills required to handle innovation, change and business process improvement resulting from the implementation of new information and communications technology solutions.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong ability to delegate effectively to more technical staff, whilst maintaining full management control. Demonstrated current and thorough understanding of developments in the application of Information Systems.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Manage IT Telecoms Section with full responsibility where the measure of success depends on achieving business goals, performance targets and agreed service levels as well as on the successful technical implementation or use of information systems.
- Identify and manage resources needed for the planning, development and delivery of specified information and communications systems services and products. Take full responsibility for all aspects of career development for subordinate staff.
- Develop a risk management plan for the section and ensure compliance with the mitigating controls.
- Ensure development of systems architectures, confirming consistency with specified requirements agreed with both external and internal customers. Ensure that systems architectures balance functional, service quality and systems management requirements.
- Ensure that appropriate standards (corporate, industry, national and international) are adhered to.
- Set strategy for overall control and management of telecommunications services, to maximize the likelihood that all availability targets are met and business continuity is ensured.
- Control the planning of communication networks, develop a robust operations and maintenance strategy taking into account the need for quality, security, availability, reliability, integrity and safety, and utilizing (as appropriate) specialized techniques, tools, methods or standards.
- Ensure that the service level requirements of each Customer area are determined and that service level agreements, contracts and negotiations with both internal and external suppliers are aimed at meeting the business needs of the employing organization, by providing a value-for-money service.
- Determine, monitor and review all telecom program to include program time & costs, projected operational costs, staffing requirements, program resources, and program risk.
- Define and agree on tender evaluation criteria, and budgets for the procurement of products and services.
Interested Candidate, Kindly Apply