Logistics Warehouse Support (LOG 12345) Doha, Qatar
Our client, a key player in the Solar Power Industry is currently looking for an “Logistics Warehouse Support to work in Qatar
Terms & Conditions
- Locations: Doha, Qatar
- Status: Resident - Single Status
- Contract Duration : 3 - 6 Months
- Work schedule: 6 days Week, 8 hours
- Medical Insurance: Provided
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND
- Professional Experience (years): 5-10 in EPC project with exposure to warehouse/laydown yard and materials management and administration
- Experience in similar position (years): ± 5 with experience in site construction
- Level / Diploma:
- Languages: English mandatory, Arabic a plus
- International environment experience.
- The job holder is responsible for all the activities related to the administration of materials (mechanical, electrical…):
- Uphold HSE Standard to the company policy and rules.
- Develop tools to track the purchase and delivery of consumable materials (terminations, lugs, etc.) and major equipment at the project site.
- Work with the EPC contractor to ensure the materials and major equipment are efficiently supplied to subcontractors to avoid slowdowns and interruptions to their work plan.
- Ensure daily control of the material delivered to each of the subcontractors, and ensure the efficient use of the material; areas of work to be inspected.
- Ensure the material needs of each subcontractor are met. Attend to the scope of each company using the 3 week look ahead system.
- Develop (within the first 2 weeks of employment) and maintain a forecast of the demand for consumable materials (terminations, lugs, etc.) and major equipment at the project site. Work with the EPC contractor to ensure the materials are ordered and to confirm their delivery by interfacing directly with the material vendors.
- Together with the EPC contractor, develop a log of materials and major equipment within the warehouse/laydown yard. Develop a system to track the usage of material and equipment by subcontractors, along with the quantities of each material and major equipment entering or exiting the warehouse/laydown yard.
- Together with the EPC contractor, review the quality of materials received from vendors.
- The job holder shall coordinate their work with company discipline engineers, subcontractors, EPC contractor, site managers, etc. to ensure site work execution is completed in a timely manner and in line with project targets.
- To adopt and demonstrate an exemplary behavior regarding HSE and to implement H3SE rules and requirements within his area of responsibility. The job holder will have the ability to stop work (after notifying the site HSE manager) or recommend alternate methods if unsafe HSE practices occur within the warehouse/laydown yard.
- To follow up with material orders from vendors and interface with the procurement team for major equipment tracking and deliveries.
- To work with the EPC contractor to coordinate and improve the efficiency of all activities within the warehouse/laydown yard.
- To liaise daily with the HV and PV project managers for their needs, area of concern and other work-related activities
- To implement Engineering and Procurement related Corporate / Project procedures throughout the project Engineering and Procurement team and establish and maintain specific procedures as required.
- To participate in all necessary meetings with the EPC contractor, subcontractors, etc. (weekly progress meeting, monthly status meetings…)
- To ensure adequate and timely reporting to the Project Managers (highlighting achieved progress and areas of concern)
- To gather ‘lessons learnt’ and provide feedback to other project entities as required
- Control of the material delivered to all subcontractors.
- Track the delivery of the material to the subcontractors, and ensure the scope.
- Assure the compliance of vehicles and machines needed to feed the subcontractor with the material.
Interested Candidate, kindly apply