Senior Telecoms Engineer (JO015555) Doha, Qatar
Our client, world's largest liquefied natural gas company, is urgently looking for a “Senior Telecoms Engineer ” willing to work under the following conditions for an upcoming project:
Terms and Condition
Work Location: Ras Laffan, Qatar
Status: Direct Hire
Duration: 1yr contract with extension
Start date: Feb 2023
Projects: until 2030
Mobilization/Demobilization tickets: Provided
Leave tickets: Provided
International Medical, dental, and vision insurance: Provided
Visa and Work permit Provided
Furniture Allowance: Provided
School Allowance: Provided
Fixed Monthly Logistic Allowance while Qatar : Provided
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or other relevant discipline
- 6 years’ of IT & Telecom experience, preferably within Oil & Gas industry
- Competent knowledge in core skill applications, tools, and techniques
- Conversant with relevant IT national and international standards
- Demonstrated experience in project management
- Demonstrated experience in IT support environment
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
- Specialized technical expertise and broader IT knowledge.
- Compliance to risk, security, and continuity management principles
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Carries out the full range of defined tasks associated with operating and controlling the installed (or virtual) Telecommunication system hardware and software. This may involve the use of multiple Telecommunication hardware and software platforms, and both local and wide area networks.
- Provides technical expertise to enable the correct application of operational procedures. Provides instruction to less experienced colleagues in all aspects of current and correct operational practice.
- Configures tools to automate the provisioning, testing and deployment of new and changed Telecommunication system infrastructure.
- Contributes to the planning and implementation of Telecommunication system installation and maintenance work associated with the installation as a whole including building and configuring infrastructure components in virtualised environments. Implements agreed infrastructure changes and maintenance routines, utilising the appropriate tools and test equipment. Ensures that procedures are followed, including those relating to safety and security.
- Assists in producing outline Telecommunication system designs and specifications covering objectives, scope, features, facilities, management, reliability, resilience, security, constraints (such as performance, resources and cost), hardware, network and software environments, main system functions and information flows, traffic volumes, data load and implementation strategies, phasing of development, requirements not met, and alternatives considered.
- Takes responsibility for all stages of the life cycle for Telecommunication software/hardware and transmission media development of relatively simple communication systems, including investigation, analysis, specification, design, construction, testing, maintenance, upgrade and migration. Assists with more complex systems.
- Defines, documents and safely executes small-scale projects, or sub-projects, actively participating in all phases of the project. Identifies, assesses and manages risks and issues which might impact on the success of the project.
- Prioritises and diagnoses incidents according to agreed procedures. Investigates causes of incidents and seeks resolution
Interested Candidate, Kindly Apply